PDA

View Full Version : One of the good local escaping longtails

Jack Breakfast
03-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Greetings! I was pleased to espy this escaping longtail in a small local waterpocket. It is delightful to lie prone along the waterbanks and aim for "pictorial layercakes" while the sun is shining. But while snitching in the hibernal subzeroes, it is v. important to dress appropriately, lest you fall into a winterfreeze.
Canon 7D, 100-400 at 400mm. iso400, 1/2000, 7.1

more pictures seeable at http://www.smallbirdsongs.comfor better and worse

Marina Scarr
03-03-2015, 09:46 PM
This is quite a unique image, Jack, and I rather like it. I ASSume that you don't have any more on top b/c that would really have been the kicker. If you did have more on top, I'd crop from the bottom. Good for you for braving those cold waters!!!

Jack Breakfast
03-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Marina, your assumption is both astute and correct!

Jack Breakfast
03-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Surely this picture would be much stronger if the water droplet arc (at picture's top) was complete instead of broken? Now that I look at the picture this way, it's all I can see. My eyes get fixed on that particular problem! Is the picture a failure because of the broken arc? Would the picture be a success if the arc were unbroken? These are questions I will stop asking myself right now, lest I slip into a bluegreen waterhole of the mind, etc.