PDA

View Full Version : Wild goat

Behin Nazemroaya
03-02-2015, 04:02 AM
Hello everyone;
This is my first post here & I am very glad that I can share my photos with you.

Thank you for watching

Behin Nazemroaya
www.prophotocom.com/galleries (http://www.prophotocom.com/galleries)

Gabriela Plesea
03-02-2015, 11:33 AM
A very warm welcome, Behin!

And what an interesting first post - incredible what those wild goats can do, great action captured!

You composed this very well and I love to see so much of the environment, which appears so barren and hostile. The cave fascinates me, did the subject make it safely to the other side? So much confidence in this goats' leap, hind legs resting at a point of no return, body stretched to the limit, almost there but not quite...your image leaves me wanting so see more...

I like the colours here and there's a pleasant warmth to this image overall, the subject (normally well camouflaged when against the rocks) now stands out beautifully against the darkness of the precipice.

You handled exposure well and the subject itself is sharp, I wonder what your camera settings were and what lens you used? Please provide as much information as possible regarding your equipment and settings, in order for the moderators and members to give feedback regarding your image. Also, tell us how you processed this image or at least your intentions behind the processing.

Looking forward to see more from you, and please do not forget to give us your thoughts on our images !

Kind regards,

Behin Nazemroaya
03-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Thank you a lot Gabriela for your warm comment.
This young goat repeated his jumps again & again and came down the cliff with zigzag jumps from one side to another.
forgive me because of not writing about equipment and settings, I forgot it.
This is it;
Canon 7D, Canon 600mm f4L USM IS (Ver.1),
f5.6, 1/800s, ISO200, Tripod
Not a complex PP, some brightness & contrast adjustment in ACR and re-sizing & sharpening in Photoshop.
Regards

Behin Nazemroaya

Rachel Hollander
03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi Behin - A warm welcome to BPN and to the Wildlife Forum. I agree an interesting first post. Great timing and you handled the mixed light well. I probably would have upped the ISO to get a bit more shutter speed with this type of action. I would love to know a bit more about the image, particularly where it was taken and how far away you were.

The best way to learn and get the most out of BPN is to actively participate in other threads too. We recommend commenting on at least 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own. It helps foster a sense of community and allows us all to learn from each other.

TFS,
Rachel

Behin Nazemroaya
03-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Thank you Rachel
I took this photo in Kolah-Ghazee protected area, Isfahan, Iran
It was about 100m far from me. I was waiting for them in a tent to come from another place but suddenly saw this brave young goat jumping from side to side. The action was so interesting to me that I forgot to change my settings, so I lost two other shots because of motion blur.
Regards

Behin Nazemroaya

D. Robert Franz
03-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Amazing capture here!:eek3:

christopher galeski
03-04-2015, 06:19 AM
This is a magic image,well done.

Steve Kaluski
03-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Hi Behin, I like the overall composition, just feel you needed more SS to freeze the action to offer a sharper image. A cracking backdrop.

TFS
Steve

Behin Nazemroaya
03-06-2015, 12:59 AM
Thank you all very much for useful comments.