PDA

View Full Version : First offspring of this winter

Andreas Liedmann
03-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Hi all still somewhat winter here and we have the first ducklings of the Egyptian Goose at our local city pond.
Already growing fast due to a lot of food resources by us humans .

Normally i do not shoot that much avian , but i just got the 500 IS L II , so i took it out for some shooting . One of the results is this frame , i am more than happy with the new toy .

Canon EOS 1Dx
Ef 500 IS L II
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 400 ; 1/1600 sec ; fill flash - 1, 5 ev

Processed with DPP 4 and PS Cc , cropped for comp to 60% of FF

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment

Cheers Andreas

gail bisson
03-01-2015, 01:06 PM
You are off to a great start with the new 500mm Andreas.
You have ticked all the boxes here!
Excellent IQ, POV, soft BG, sweet subject matter and a lovely walking pose towards you. The eye is nice and clear with a perfect catchlight.
A minor adjustment I might suggest would be to clone out the specular highlight on the LHS of frame but not a big deal if you choose to leave it as is.
Well done,
Gail

Gerald Kelberg
03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Hey Andreas! That is a really sweet walking pose from the little gosling. Must be a better climate there, as there haven't been any offspring here yet.

Congratulations on the new toy!

Best wishes, Gerald

keith mitchell
03-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Andreas that new bit of kit works very well if this is the end product ,nice stepping out pose and all pin sharp, very nice indeed!

Keith.

Grace Scalzo
03-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Totally cute and I like everything about it, from the colors to the walking pose . Very sweet image.

Loi Nguyen
03-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Hi Andreas, really cute chick here! Great details and sharpness and eye contact. Would like to see a little more room on top. Loi

Kirk Benson
03-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Terrific first outing with the 500 Andreas, this is really well done. Love the eye-level POV, color and detail are wonderful, and I like your composition as presented. Light looks so natural I wouldn't have guessed you used fill flash, very well done. Excellent work and a real pleasure to see. :S3:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-02-2015, 01:42 AM
Congrats Andreas. Great first image with the 500 II! Its a terrific lens! You have showcased great detail, sharpness and techs here. Well composed. I like it a lot.

christopher galeski
03-02-2015, 02:23 AM
nice one,like the waiking pose,sharp with nice detail,good POV and light.TFS.

shane shacaluga
03-02-2015, 08:25 AM
This is very nicely done!

tack sharp and details of the wet down feathers is wonderful. Like the low POV and pose

TFS

Stu Bowie
03-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi Andreas, congrats on your new toy, and no doubt looking at this superb capture, you are going to be turning out winner after winner. Great low angle, love the walking pose, and you have certainly brought out excellent detail.

Andreas Liedmann
03-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Hello folks big thanks to all of you who watched and commented , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas