PDA

View Full Version : Conjunction

Paul Lagasi
03-01-2015, 12:30 PM
I posted this image just for interest sake. On February 20th there was a conjunction of Mars, the Moon and Venus in the west sky. I was coming in the house and just by luck I turned around and noticed this triangle of heavenly bodies. It was super cold so I snapped a few handheld "gotcha" images and forgot about it. I did a bit of research and found out this doesn't happen very often, the last time being in 2008.

What did I ever do before digital....

Ciao for now, off to Nova Scotia for a few days, there's a Fieldfare and Eurasian Kestrel in my future.... :c3:

Gabriela Plesea
03-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Wonderful capture Paul, heavenly image of those heavenly bodies - enjoyed viewing, I really think I should pop in more often here:S3:

Hope you have a great trip and those Fieldfares and Kestrels come to the party:)

Kind regards,

Hazel Grant
03-01-2015, 07:33 PM
I saw two of these in our sky but didn't have the camera with me....when will I learn. Thanks so much for catching this and sharing

Diane Miller
03-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Such a cool thing to see! I saw it (unexpectedly) but had the camera set up for star shots so just enjoyed the sight. (The Second Prize was posted in Landscapes.)

Anita Bower
03-04-2015, 08:19 AM
I like it! Good for you for having your camera with you, otherwise I would have missed seeing this. Nicely done.