PDA

View Full Version : quetzal from afar

Enrique Patino
02-28-2015, 09:40 PM
we looked for these birds for 2 days. Found a few and managed to grab a couple of good frames. This was the cleanest, but not the best. Hard to get them with good BGs. But I like it.
7D2, 500mm. 1/100, f/4, ISO 800, monopod
comments and feedback welcome

Walker Noe
02-28-2015, 10:53 PM
I love those birds! Really great. I think it works as a small-in-frame shot.

TFS
Walker

Loi Nguyen
03-01-2015, 01:06 AM
really a stunning bird. It's a bit small in the frame, but TFS. Have not seen such bird before. The BG has some bright spots. May be try to darken them a little. Loi

Richard Flack
03-01-2015, 01:27 AM
Stunning bird Enrique (and I can only imagine the challenges of photographing them. I imagine they are similar to our narina trogans).
The pose is interesting and the BG and perch work for me. If anything I would have preferred a better head angle and pose and more detail on the bird (but this does not take away from what is a great image). TFS

Ivan Sjögren
03-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Just posted a similar shot of this specíes. They are surreal! I like the small in the frame feel about the image. The pose is good with enough eye contact, good BG too. I would have placed the bird higher in the frame so it dosen't look so centered.

arash_hazeghi
03-02-2015, 02:20 AM
I like the pose with the long tail that is resting on the perch and also the beautiful colors. While BG is nice, the crop is too loose preventing us from seeing more details on this handsome bird.

TFS

Lorant Voros
03-02-2015, 09:10 AM
I wish to photograph this bird one day...beautiful. I tighter crop would work for me better. Nice one and TFS.

Satish Ranadive
03-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Excellent image. Beautiful bird with nice look back pose and long tail.
Agree about tight drop.

Regards,
Satish.