PDA

View Full Version : Crested Caracara at sunrise

gail bisson
02-28-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks to Bob Pelkey for putting me on the caracara's!
Canon 1DX
f 600mm and 1.4 X
ISO 1600 f 5.6 SS 1/1250
Small crop for comp, levels, increased contrast a bit and boosted saturation in the blues of the sky by +6.
I decreased the saturation in the yellow on the green foliage as well.
The comp is quite central but I didn't want to chop of any more of the tree branches on the LHS.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Randy Stout
02-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Gail:

Nice look back pose, good call on boosting the sky sat a bit, as it makes the subtle clouds more visible and adds a little more depth.

Just for personal taste I might trim a bit off the top, perhaps 10% of the free space.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
02-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Nice image of one of my favorite Florida birds. I like the look back pose and colors in the image. The pale blue sky makes a great background. Thank you for sharing.

John Hackney
02-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Wonderful capture. I too, struggle with elements such as the branch and I think I would make the same choice you did. Colors look great. Congrats on finding the bird.

keith mitchell
02-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Gail see your point re composition but I don't see how you could improve it, pose ,colours and IQ all look great, very well done getting this to pose for you.

Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
02-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Good to see this species on something other than ground or fence post. Pretty nifty tree! Nice light, and I like the feather layering on the wing. I do wish the perspective was not as steep though.

dankearl
02-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Cool find and nice perch or this bird.
i also think a crop off the top and right side would look good....