PDA

View Full Version : Theme: On the Fence

Judy Howle
02-27-2015, 07:44 PM
This started life as a fence with clumps of snow on the wires! Oh, joy, we got 4" of lovely snow in north Mississippi Wednesday!! Almost all melted now, it was in the 40s.

I used Exposure 7 by AlienSkin using a split toned vintage camera preset, peach and green, then plopped on top of a 2 Lil Owls texture in hard light mode, duped and inverted that layer but in soft light mode and opacity reduced to about 75%. I also changed the hue of the texture and made the fence image a little more red so they matched better.

Also I want to tell y'all about the fabulous design kit that has this texture with 4 sets of her textures total plus MANY other goodies including brushes and other textures and nice fonts for only $29 at http://www.designcuts.com/design-cuts-deals/essential-design-bundle/

Anita Bower
03-01-2015, 06:26 AM
I like it! I especially like the textures and the colors--very nicely done. The frame works beautifully and blends in nicely. To me, it looks like a window facing a sunset. Creative work.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-01-2015, 08:42 AM
I thought is was more like a window too because of the orange. I like the textures especially on the frame, but might be inclined to have less vignetting on the corners. It has been as cold as -40 here in Toronto, pretty much over the last 3 weeks. Where are the snowdrops!!!!!!

Judy Howle
03-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks Anita and Jackie! The texture had the dark corners Jackie.

Paul Lagasi
03-01-2015, 01:08 PM
It's different for sure, I thought it was an old boxspring and mattress, well done.

Judy Howle
03-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Paul, people on Facebook thought it was a pan of rolls!!! I told them I'd never made rolls that looked like that!