PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Stone Bison

Sid Garige
02-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Inspired by Morkel's Mana Pools back lit images.
Here is my take.
Canon5D II 100-400 II
ISO 320, 1/800 F5.6

Rachel Hollander
02-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Hi Sid - I've looked at this for a while and I really like the backlighting and the yellow glow but I feel like the tree is too dominant. It makes the bison seem cramped in the frame and so I find myself wanting more room for the bison to the left. Perhaps moving to the left in the field if possible would have lessened the feeling. Of course, quite probably it is just me and others will disagree.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi Sid, nice colours here and the back lighting works well but I have to agree with Rachel reg the tree. Otherwise a fine capture. TFS.

dankearl
02-26-2015, 03:19 AM
I like it a lot, has a nice mood to it.
I agree with Rachel a bit, I like the tree but might take a bit off the top to right below your signature...

Jonathan Ashton
02-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I first viewed the image with the top cropped off and I think it becomes much stronger so presented. Otherwise I like the composition and colours, I would consider sharpening the bison a bit more.

Grady Weed
02-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Sid, I do like this one. A small suggestion, how about crop from the bottom, to just above the branch in the snow. This moves the bison down some, gets rid of the distracting branch, and I feel makes the tree less dominant and pulls your eye to the bison while not distracting from what the tree adds to the frame.

Gabriela Plesea
02-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Hello Sid,

Your image resembles a postcard and I absolutely love the golden light and composition, I just feel the bison itself is a tad too soft in comparison with the tree. A tad more space below would improve this, IMHO. A very special sighting and I thank you for sharing:)

Kind regards,

Steve Canuel
02-28-2015, 12:53 PM
I like the look of this one Sid. It has an old time feel to it, kind of like the old travel posters. Wouldn't change a thing about it.

haseeb badar
02-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Hi Sid ! Beautiful Lighting !! loved the Compo also, but it appears to me a tad soft , sharpening can be increased here.

Morkel Erasmus
02-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Hey Sid - humbled to be of inspiration to you :5
Love the light and overall scene here. My first thought was also to crop from the top, but I like what Grady did too.
I'd deepen the overall midtones and contrast a bit?