PDA

View Full Version : the Dunes..2

Don Railton
02-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Hi Guys

My second offering from last weekend.. same story, but taken a bit earlier than the last..

This is full frame. 1D4 & 24 to 70 at 70mm. 2 sec at F14, ISO 160. tripod.

DON

dankearl
02-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Better than the first one....
A tiny bit of halo on the edge of the dune...

Diane Miller
02-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the bit of sand blowing off the top. I'd love to see the camera aimed just a little lower -- did you crop from the bottom? (Maybe there was junk there...)

Color and detail are subtle but stunning. What would you think about trying the blues a bit lighter and cropping a bit from the top to reduce the visual weight there a little??

Don Railton
02-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the bit of sand blowing off the top. I'd love to see the camera aimed just a little lower -- did you crop from the bottom? (Maybe there was junk there...)

Color and detail are subtle but stunning. What would you think about trying the blues a bit lighter and cropping a bit from the top to reduce the visual weight there a little??

Thanks Diane. I do like the idea of a bit off the top, don't remember what was in the FG, but I will have a look.

DON

Andrew McLachlan
02-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Hi Don, this one is lovely. The color of the dune compliments the sky nicely. I would crop about 1/2 of the blue sky out.

Dvir Barkay
03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Nice one, agree that maybe a bit of sky can go.