PDA

View Full Version : First Rays

Rudi van den Heever
02-19-2015, 01:54 PM
I got up at 04H15 every morning for about 4 days, to catch the sunrise behind Hole in the Wall along the Wild Coast of the Eastern Cape in South Africa - I was only greeted by grey skies and a foggy scenes...

On day 5 the skies cleared for only about 20 minutes at sunrise and I got the shot I planned and hoped for - I have never seen the sun shining through the hole, but it only made logical sense that it should...:S3:

Equipment: Canon 5DMkiii and 16-35mm F2.8 L Mkii lens at 16mm, B+W polarisor filter
Settings: 1/8s at F18 and ISO 100

Andrew McLachlan
02-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Hi Rudi, this is a lovely scene and well worth getting up so early and heading out to see what would transpire. I really like the starburst on the rock wall. Try to drop in a critique or two when you have time to visit the forum again, with your landscape imagery you likely have some useful tips to share with folks :S3:

Don Railton
02-19-2015, 11:01 PM
It's worth of comment Rudi but you will have to go first with someone elses...

Morkel Erasmus
02-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Love this Rudi - not just the starburst but also the shaft of light coming through the hole in the wall formation.
Blending/Processing looks great, probably the best you've put out yet.
I agree with Andrew, we'd value your input on the other threads here as well, you've got lots to offer :cheers:

Don Lacy
02-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Hi Rudi, Lovely image how did you blend it luminosity mask or another method

Rudi van den Heever
04-08-2015, 04:07 AM
Hi guys! Thanks for the replies and sorry for my late reply!! I will surely attempt to be more active on the forum and comment on others' images as well...
:e3

Rudi van den Heever
04-08-2015, 04:08 AM
Hi Nancy! Sorry for the late reply...

I used luminosity mask blending with the blue channel... the latter is my preferred method.

Regards.

shane shacaluga
04-08-2015, 05:10 AM
I like the green foreground and the way the light pushes through the rock formation. Purple and pink sky is very dramatic.

Nicely processed and composed

TFS