PDA

View Full Version : wish I knew its name...

Enrique Patino
02-16-2015, 07:13 PM
7D, 180mm, 1/500, f/6.3, ISO 800, monopod, flash on a cord...

comments and feedback welcome

shane shacaluga
02-17-2015, 10:23 AM
HI Enrique, I like the composition and not sure if you cropped like this on purpose or if this is the full frame image

Details around the face are very good and the flash seems to be nicely diffused. The spiny leaf adds interest. Not too sure about the full black background though

Maybe a vertical crop would also work here

Thanks for sharing

PS: I believe this is a Katydid

Anita Bower
02-18-2015, 07:12 AM
This one makes me smile. :S3: I like the lighting focused on the head. I wish the one large eye was in sharp focus. The crop works to create a whimsical atmosphere.

Jonathan Ashton
02-19-2015, 06:01 AM
I like this it is different, I would have really like to have seen the tip of the right antenna included, you may wish to consider fading it out in a similar way to the left one. The lighting is to my mind ideal, had the whole of the body been equally illuminated it would have lost impact.

Ron Conlon
02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
I like the composition and the lighting very much. Excellent stuff.

Allen Sparks
02-21-2015, 03:52 AM
Hi Enrique,
Very nice image. I think the focus is spot on and like the lighting as well. Nicely composed - May try seeing what cropping a little from the right yields. Well done.

Allen

Steve Maxson
02-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Yup, a katydid. I like the dramatic lighting produced by the off-camera flash and the sharpness around the head. As these insects seem to be most active at night, the black background seems appropriate. I'd be tempted to crop a little off the right, but this is very nicely done!