PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat 2015

D. Robert Franz
02-16-2015, 10:53 AM
We were fortunate enough to photograph this bobcat (same one as last year) again this year on my recent winter tour. Pretty sure this is a young female now 2 years old. She very seldom looks at the people who enjoy watching her hunt waterfowl along the river.

Image was cropped 12% for composition and I cloned out a couple distracting branches upper left....

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Copyright: D. Robert & Lorri Franz
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: +1 2/3
Metering mode: Evaluative
Drive mode: High-speed continuous shooting
ISO: 800
Lens: EF800mm f/5.6L IS USM

Morkel Erasmus
02-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Loving the foot-up pose here and the setting in the snow, Dale.
Not much to be said here, as I understand it this is a special sighting so I'm sure you guys enjoyed every moment...

Steve Canuel
02-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Like the pose and the simple composition of this image. Nice to have such a great looking, cooperative model.

Rachel Hollander
02-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi Dale - Nice look at her with a clean bg and walking pose. Something caught her attention too. I like the cooler tones and slight blues coming through in the snow.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
02-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi Dale, the white environment really gives nice standout to the subject. Like the slight look to the right and the bent, raised front paw giving that 'paused' moment. Like the subtle hollows, peaks & troughs in the snow.

TFS
Steve

Dumay de Boulle
02-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Lovely walking pose from the cat. The Bobcat really pops from the surroundings. I would have preferred to see more of the left eye. Also I preferred tones, detail and textures Rachel got from hers, this one s a little coarse and lacking the same tonality.
Amazing sighting.... TFS Robert

shane shacaluga
02-17-2015, 03:58 AM
Nice setting for this beautiful feline. The concentrated gaze and the raised paw add a lot of interest

Thanks for sharing

haseeb badar
02-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Hi Robert ! Really liked the composition with that raised foot , a beautiful individual . It would have been great had it been an eye contact there but u cant get everything at ur leisure.