PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Female

Sharon Hallowell
02-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Taken in yesterday's snow squall...my most favorite of subjects, the female cardinal! We do have feeders on the property. 50D, 500 w/1.4, ISO 400, F18, 1/40. F18 because a second earlier I was trying to get both male and female together.

Lyle Gruby
02-15-2015, 06:47 PM
I also love these subjects. I like your perch. I personally think 1/40 is a little long for the exposure here and created streaks a bit too long in the falling snow. I'd add a bit of contrast to the bird. Sharpness is excellent, but she looks just a touch flat.

Daniel Cadieux
02-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Excellent pose and vertical composition. Perfect head angle looking back towards us. Nice perch, and I'm OK with the long snow flake streaks. I was wondering about the techs until I read your description...but I still feel raising your ISO to give you more SS was something to consider. I agree with more contrast, or at least deepening the darks. Well done overall though with a very appealing image!

Raybel Robles
02-15-2015, 10:10 PM
Lovely painting like image. Impressive how sharp the bird is considering the low SS. I agree with a bit more contrast would add just a tad bit more punch to it. Superb image regardless!

Kirk Benson
02-15-2015, 11:10 PM
This is a really lovely image Sharon, and impressively sharp at 1/40s... that worked out pretty well actually. Beautiful look-back pose, love seeing a few snowflakes on her, and your composition is perfect IMO. I too agree about deepening the darks to give it just a bit more richness. Excellent work and a pleasure to view.

christopher galeski
02-16-2015, 02:59 AM
Loverly image,sharp,nice pose and perch,agree on more contrast.TFS.

mohammad reza shahab
02-16-2015, 06:39 PM
great pose and perch.Perfect head angle and vertical composition.TFS

Lorant Voros
02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Very nice image and good feel of the winter. I like the looking back pose. Agree with adding some contrast. Settings are strange and it is probably a bit of luck as well that it came out this sharp resulting a fantastic image. By the way. I love the feather in your signature.