PDA

View Full Version : Clark's Nuthatch

jeannette Duncan
01-07-2008, 03:20 AM
This image was taken this summer at Crater Lake. This little character behaved much like a Blue Jay. He flew from tree to tree squaking at us. At one point he flew a very tight circle around me and then back into the tree to fuss some more. Again I used my little Kodak EasyShare P712 on auto. Other than reducing pixels to post the picture is in it's natural state.

All Critique is Very Welcomed,
jeannette

jeannette Duncan
01-07-2008, 04:18 AM
I thought that I had this image sized to 144 K and after posting realized that I had errored at some point. Is there a way that I can replace this one or repost with a larger image, or will this size be ok for critiqueing?

jeannette

Paul Davey
01-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi Jeanette

Yes, you can attach another file to this thread by replying to it and browsing for an image to upload. Resizing to 800 pixels brings out it's full potential. 144 is a little small for us :)

I like the sharpness of your bird, but think it could do with a crop from the left and bottom to achieve better composition. I think the background is far too cluttered and that the light is lamentably casting shade everywhere. It also restricts the bird from getting a catchlight in the eye which would help to bring out the life in it.

All the same, well done on capturing in detail a bird so difficult to keep track of!

Paul

Mike Dale
01-07-2008, 06:35 AM
It's a Clark's Nutcracker, Nuthatches are much smaller birds than this.

George DeCamp
01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Just repost if you like jeannette!!!