PDA

View Full Version : Green Bee-eater

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-15-2015, 08:21 AM
A green bee eater poses for me at the Tadoba Forest/tiger reserve in the evening light. The stump is a bit wide but this is where the bird chose to perch. Hope you like it.
5D III
500mm II
1/1600
f/8
ISO 640

Steve Kaluski
02-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Hi Sanjeev, excellent, killer BKG makes for a very striking image, Great detail in the subject and love the 'blood red' eye. Not sure if it needs a little off the top or bottom, or both?

TFS
Steve

John Robinson
02-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Great stuff Sanjeev. Bird detail and colour exquisite. My only minor nit (and it is minor)would be the large perch but you have to grab what you can. No big deal A litte soething i the background would improve it too to give feeling of habitat but that again is a personal thing.
John

keith mitchell
02-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Excellent piece of work Sanjeev bird is super sharp and stands out very well against that nice clean b/g ,perch is the place the bird decided to land,love the eye on these Bee-eaters.

Keith.

Joe Subolefsky
02-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Great shot awesome colors and sharpness. I would crop off about half of the open BG on the top to tighten it up a little more.

Raybel Robles
02-15-2015, 10:04 PM
Superb image, I really like how everything is in perfect focus. I too would crop just a bit from top and bottom.

Kirk Benson
02-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Wow this a striking image with beautiful light, rich color, and excellent detail Sanjeev. BG is a great canvas for this handsome Bee-eater, and the perch doesn't bother me a bit. I agree that a stronger composition would be to crop some off the top raising the bird in the image. Excellent work, and a real pleasure to view.

mohammad reza shahab
02-16-2015, 06:18 PM
excellent killer BG,details,colour and nice perch.