02-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Canon 7D Mark II
Canon 300 f.2,8 Is I
Ciso 640
1/1000
f.2,8

Daniel Cadieux
02-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Nice wintery feel, I like the soft snow covering the perch. The colours of the woodpecker look good against the rest of the monochromatic feel. Perhaps it's the downsizing, but the details on the subject do not look as crisp as should be (it is seemingly properly focused, that is why I suspect processing or downsizing). I would have preferred to have seen the complete tail.

Giovanni Frescura
02-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Nice wintery feel, I like the soft snow covering the perch. The colours of the woodpecker look good against the rest of the monochromatic feel. Perhaps it's the downsizing, but the details on the subject do not look as crisp as should be (it is seemingly properly focused, that is why I suspect processing or downsizing). I would have preferred to have seen the complete tail.

I like the tail in the snow and tthis is more soft...
Could better this cut instead...

dankearl
02-08-2015, 02:24 PM
The repost crop is much better.
I would just take a bit off the left side and lighten the bird some.

Lorant Voros
02-09-2015, 09:24 AM
I prefer the repost. Makes me feel cold..it gives the feeling of the winter perfectly. In this difficult light condition a little fill flash would do probably good. I'd try to lighten the subject as bit as well.

Marina Scarr
02-10-2015, 08:25 AM
First of all, this is a VERY special image and I loved it already when I saw the thumbnail. Here's my quick repost. I have taken a tad off of top, bottom and right and more off of the left. I have dodged (lightened) the bird a little. This image is definitely worth working on!!!

Giovanni Frescura
02-10-2015, 08:43 AM
First of all, this is a VERY special image and I loved it already when I saw the thumbnail. Here's my quick repost. I have taken a tad off of top, bottom and right and more off of the left. I have dodged (lightened) the bird a little. This image is definitely worth working on!!!
Thanks for your help
Giovanni