PDA

View Full Version : Kindly turn your head ... Thank You Very Much!

Brian Wong
05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
EOS 40D, 500/4
1/2500, f/8, ISO 1600, handheld on James' boat, manual exposure

Kindly turn your head ... Thank You Very Much!

Photographed March while on Jim Neiger's and James Shadle's BAA approved "Best of Florida" workshop.

I love the head tilt, and the eye contact during this close Spoonbill flyby. The pink and light blue colors also seem to go well.

Thank you for looking, and your suggestions are appreciated.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I like the composition, exposure control and composition. I would only run some NR on the BG.

Alfred Forns
05-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I like the composition a lot Brian !!! Also like the rich texture and sharpness !!!! Excellent !!!

Thonnaksar NOP
05-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Original composition of a BIF !
The pink colour works well with the blue sky and the head is tack sharp.
I love it !

Maxis Gamez
05-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Composition works very well. Excellent eye contact and details. I would do NR in the BG.

Gus Cobos
05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Great capture and exposure Brian,
Excellent composition...:D

Shawn Marques
05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Beautifully done! I really like the tight crop and being able to see all that awesome detail- on a flying spoonie non-the-less!

James Shadle
05-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Brian,

This is an excellent example of creative composition.

I reposted the image with some minor color tweaks.
On my monitor, the repost colors look much closer to what we saw.

Thanks James

PS Your images have been making me proud!

Brian Wong
05-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Brian,

This is an excellent example of creative composition.

I reposted the image with some minor color tweaks.
On my monitor, the repost colors look much closer to what we saw.

Thanks James

PS Your images have been making me proud!

Wow! I am honored by everybody's substantive feedback & suggestions ... and I love the colors in your repost James!:) I am so appreciative of all the talented people here at BPN, who are all so willing to share their skills and ideas!

:eek:At this point, I would like to add my own comment ... that if anyone has any interest, and/or wish to improve their photography while visiting Florida ... that I highly recommend they consider the outstanding workshops offered.

In my own personal experience, the workshop I attended by James & Jim ... is the absolute the bomb! You can ask anything, or nothing at all ... they will take you directly to their favorite spot, and will tirelessly maneuver the boat to the ideal light angles, distances for your lenses, poses, species, weather conditions, etc. On my workshop, we even had the pleasure of being joined by Alfred and Fabs on our last day! I am so thrilled that some of Jim's, James', Alfred's, and Fabs' teachings have rubbed off, and that everything was so easily shared with us.

Add the BPN substantive feedback/educational goals, and you have the formula for accelerated growth, deep understanding, and quick improvement. I also love all the practice, both during workshop, and in processing ... which is so satisfying in personal improvements. What's not to like?

Sorry this "Thank you" is so long, but my images would not have been possible without it.