PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Red Parrot Tulip

Anita Bower
02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
This is a high key photo taken for my on-line Kathleen Clemons class.
Topaz Simplify Sketch blended at Multiply 45%, and Viveza. 105mm macro on Nikon D300. Indoor natural light.

Steve Adkins
02-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Love the high-key look you achieved here, Anita. Composition is beautiful. Well done!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Ohhhh Anita! I looked at it yesterday and thought wow this is really washed out, but upon reflection, I think the desaturated colours just add to the beauty. The petals beckon you to have a closer look and draw you in to it's lovely world. I do like the high key look and the angle is divine. ( No texture, then this can't be an Anita image I thought.) Did you have a specific intent when you created this image? Love it!

Paul Lagasi
02-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Lots said above and I can only echo their sentiments, a flower lady special image for theme...well done

Anita Bower
02-07-2015, 06:34 AM
Ohhhh Anita! I looked at it yesterday and thought wow this is really washed out, but upon reflection, I think the desaturated colours just add to the beauty. The petals beckon you to have a closer look and draw you in to it's lovely world. I do like the high key look and the angle is divine. ( No texture, then this can't be an Anita image I thought.) Did you have a specific intent when you created this image? Love it!
I agree with you--part of me thinks it is washed out. This is part of my assignment for the on-line flower photography course I'm taking with Kathleen Clemons--high key. I'm wondering if red is not the best color to use for this approach. That is also why there is no texture, but I may add one for my own pleasure. Thanks for your comments.

Cheryl Slechta
02-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Anita, I think this is beautiful. I don't think it is washed out but I prefer pale palettes anyway. There is a small dot about two inches below the lowest petal. I thought it was on my monitor (which definitely needs cleaning) but it moved when I scrolled down:S3: Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing!

Anita Bower
02-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Anita, I think this is beautiful. I don't think it is washed out but I prefer pale palettes anyway. There is a small dot about two inches below the lowest petal. I thought it was on my monitor (which definitely needs cleaning) but it moved when I scrolled down:S3: Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing!
Thanks for pointing out the spot which I'd missed. I'm delighted you like it.

Judy Howle
02-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Lovely image and well processed Anita!

Anita Bower
02-14-2015, 05:14 AM
Lovely image and well processed Anita!
Thanks, Judy.