PDA

View Full Version : Theme Fierce Eyes

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-05-2015, 01:25 PM
A male leopard gives the 'look' as he watches me through the bushes as we slowly approach him.
f/4
1/1600
ISO 800
5D III
500 II

Mike Poole
02-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Now thats a real 'Don't mess with me stare'! I love the way the eyes are just above the grasses, keeps things looking natural but not distracting to the point of getting the cloning tool out. Perfect world scenario wold have been for the light to be coming from the opposite direction, but that's clearly beyond your control!

Beautiful detail in those stunning eyes, and having the raised chin giving the 'straight down the barrel' look puts the final polish on this for me.

Mike

Gregor Bergquist
02-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Hi Sanjeev

I really like this old chap, I guess it is he who have starred before. He is a bit rugged, but have all the charm :)

Love this portrait, great presence, great eye contact, sharpness and nice muted colors.

TFS / Gregor

Rachel Hollander
02-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi Sanjeev - this works well though again I might have gone for a bit more dof to have the left side of the leopard's face sharper. You had the ss to stop down a stop or two. Nice handling of the dappled light and I also like the way he is peering over the shrub.

TFS,
Rachel

D. Robert Franz
02-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Great eye contact here. A little busy but works overall.. A bright blade of grass upper right seems to catch my eye... Overall I like it...