PDA

View Full Version : Take-off

Grace Scalzo
02-03-2015, 09:07 PM
I was photographing common eiders in one of the south shore inlets this past Sunday. They were doing nothing and I was bored. Then I saw a fishing boat returning from the ocean. I figured that the boat might make the birds take off so positioned myself to capture it.

Thanks for looking!

1/2000, f8, iso1000
Canon 1dx, 600f4 + 2.0tc + rrs tripod

Satish Ranadive
02-04-2015, 05:02 AM
Excellent take off pose ,( I will call it walking on the water ). I like the his one foot under the wing and one on the water.
Very nice wing position, HA and superb foot prints....with water trail. As usual nice composition.
Love the frame, Grace.

Regards,
Satish.

Marina Scarr
02-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Great thinking, Grace, and boy did it pay off. Love the running on water and the duck is even glancing your way!!! I took this image into PS. I would crop to just above your signature and a little on the left to make this image more powerful. In this case, I feel there is too much blue water which is taking some of the focus off this amazing bird and it's behavior.

Grace Scalzo
02-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks, Marina. Much better!

Marina Scarr
02-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Exactly what I was thinking, Grace!

Stu Bowie
02-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi Grace, well timed for this, and I like the show of the foot, and the resulting splashes from behind. Great wing position, sharp, and the eye contact and head turn puts this up a few notches. I agree with coming up from the bottom, but would have left the LHS. :w3

David Salem
02-05-2015, 03:02 AM
Cool looking take off shot Grace and I like the pano much better. Nice looking trailing water steps. I just got a nice Bufflehead take off shot like this and I gave it the same treatment. Well done