PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Pelican Portrait

Doug West
05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
From Captain James boat, photographed at around 6:40am
(Alafia Park). Probably should've used a 5.6 or 6.3 aperture.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II
Lens: 600mm
Aperture: 4.5
Shutter: 1/2000
ISO: 800

Doug

Alfred Forns
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Doug !!! Love the pose and bg !!! Not sure what happened to that bird but he needs some serious help with the head feathers ... body looks great !!!

You got the focus on the eye area and it is sharp. Not sure what is going on with the light. Seems like a lot of light for 6:40 am Does not seem to have any flash so its all ambient !!! btw the virtual legs are clipped but looks good. I like the proportion in frame !!!

Philip Lombard
05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Per Al's comments I down oapded it and it works out really nice in sadow 7 Higlight and a gffew other adssjustments. Its a nice picture but I had thesame comment the heads is sharp but something is happenening. It is good as is but could be better.

Doug Brown
05-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I think that you're sharpest focus is on the birds hind area. It's hard to get such a large bird in that pose in focus with an aperture of f/4.5 (or with just about any other aperture). You probably just got the eye at the last 1mm of your DOF. That's why the head feathers aren't in focus. Also, I suspect that you spent some time sharpening the eye. Love the water color. Would like a little more room on the left. Thanks for posting!

Maxis Gamez
05-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Very nice light and pose. The bird looks soft in my calibrated monitor.