PDA

View Full Version : Bullfinch ( Pyrrhula pyrrhula)

Jonathan Ashton
01-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Canon 1DX Canon 500mmf4, Auto ISO 320, 1/1250 sec f7.1
Well I finally got to use my camera - the first time since November, this shot was taken from my garden hide, the camera and lens were mounted on a tripod head, sunflower seeds were used as bait.
I processed using ACR and DPP4 but in this case I preferred the DPP4 version. All C&C welcome.

Richard Flack
01-30-2015, 11:27 AM
Striking image Jonathan, great diagonal perch, super detail and stunning BG and bird. I really like this one. Well done!

keith mitchell
01-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Jonathan pleased your out and about, this bird looks fantastic, pin sharp and full of detail, nice angled perch and a super b/great job.

Keith.

John Robinson
01-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Hi Jonathan
Technically perfect in every way11 very nice. My only nit is that strangely it is perhaps too perfect. It reminds me of the pics I used to cut out of bird magazines when I was a lad. Sorry to be a bit negative about a grand shot which you have put work in to. I think you understand what I am saying.Just a personal view.
Cheers
John
Good that you are snapping again- but there's very little around up here.

David Salem
01-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Wow! Beautiful frame! Awesome colors, details and BG. I might tidy it up a bit by removing the green below the perch and then head to the printers!!

Warren Spreng
01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Beautiful shot, like everything about it.

gail bisson
01-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Very beautiful frame.
I agree with David re: OOF stuff at the bottom of the frame.Clone or crop it out!
Comp wise I would take a bit off the top
I would back off the sharpening a bit,
Gail

Raybel Robles
01-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Lovely image! Love how sharp and in focus the bird is from tip of the tail to the head. Lovely background and nice perch! I agree with David on cleaning the bottom part of the image from the green leafs and the dark areas in the branch. Superb stuff!

John Walker
01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Agree with all the positive comments - Its a bird that I have never managed to capture successfully, especially catching the eye - it just seems to disappear.

Roy Priest
01-30-2015, 05:51 PM
Beautiful image of one of my all-time favourite British Finches. I also agree with all the positive comments.

Satish Ranadive
01-31-2015, 12:21 AM
Classic portrait with absolutely superb IQ.
Every thing excellent, pose, colors, details, BG, perch and composition.
Wish it was mine.

Regards,
Satish.

christopher galeski
01-31-2015, 01:02 AM
its all been said Jonathan,a beautiful image,agree on removing greenery bottom of page.well done.

Steve Kaluski
01-31-2015, 03:30 AM
Exquisite Jonathan, excellent colour, cool BKG, very nicely processed, doesn't get much better. Agree with David on a slight clean up & Peter, probably one of the nicest Bullfinch's I see see, WWD. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Sidharth Kodikal
01-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Stunning! The light quality is amazing as are the rich details. Love the proud pose and the sweet bg. Congrats on a fine image!

Jonathan Ashton
01-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Thanks very much everyone, as ever your comments are always eagerly accepted.

Amol Khedgikar
02-01-2015, 09:02 PM
beautiful shot, great sharpness, color, details and eye contact. Love the colorful diagonal perch. I think the thickness of the perch is prefect and accentuates the bird. Lichen obviously adds more color.

The smaller protrusion in front of the bird stands out very well as well. The only thing I would change in this is the OOF branch in the BG at the bottom but would be nitpicking this beautiful image.... :)

Lorant Voros
02-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Beautiful bird, IQ, pose and love the perch. The OOF part should be cropped out for sure. Nice one, Jon.