PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly flying away from flower

Bob Blanchard
01-07-2008, 12:59 AM
OK, so I don't ONLY create bird images :D. This is one from when I first got my 180mm Macro. It was obviouls part of a very nice sequence, but I love the effect of the butterfly flying into the blur on this.

Canon 1DsMII, Canon 180mm f/3.5L Macro, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/1250
http://CatcherofLight.smugmug.com/photos/161518719-L.jpg

Alfred Forns
01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Very nice Bob I'm sure you planed it to the last detail :D

I love those type images Different and beautiful Would suggest cropping the right side some to showcase the bug I'm sure there is nothing you could do about it but sure wish the camera had caught the head for a focus point

In lots of images I like to go for feel and this has it !!!!

Bob Blanchard
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Very nice Bob I'm sure you planed it to the last detail :D

I love those type images Different and beautiful Would suggest cropping the right side some to showcase the bug I'm sure there is nothing you could do about it but sure wish the camera had caught the head for a focus point

In lots of images I like to go for feel and this has it !!!!

LOL - Brutal truth here - I almost deleted this one as a technically incorrect image! The rest of the series is quite nice (with the butterfly on the flower) and technically correct with everything in focus, but none have the imact of this one. This was easily 99.99 percent luck. I showed it to my wife as the "one that got away" just before I was about to delete it because all I saw was the OOF butterfly. She looked at it and said it was the best of the series! I've learned that sometimes "technical" can clash with "artistic".

FWIW - It's one of my top sellers!

Bob

Alfred Forns
01-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I have been trying that same image with bees Set up on a flower they are working and hope !!!!

Robert Amoruso
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I understand Alfred's comment, but I like it with the butterfly going OOF. I don't know why, it works for me just like it is.