PDA

View Full Version : I am the one !!

Andreas Liedmann
01-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Hi folks i would like to throw in some diversity from home , well close to my home .I visited a Dutch NP in rutting season for the Red Deer in 2013 , well the result is this . Staying there with 100īs of visitors waiting for the Deer to show up , not what i understand of real wildlife adventure but the only close option for this kind of shot of free roaming Red Deer . I really like the proudness this guy is showing in his trotting pose . Full of testosterone :bg3:.Light was already faded away so i had to push the 1Dx to 12800 ISO to get the shots i wanted . Canon EOS 1DxEf 500 IS L + 1,4 TC Tripod F 6,3 ; Iso 12800 ; 1/500 sec ; Full frame Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; this time NR was used :e3 , sadly ! BTW i thought i flip the image for Steve K. :bg3:.Some might say about the green mush ..... why not shot taken a bit later to avoid the mush , well the other frames do not have the nice pose of the big boy :w3.Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi Andreas - Definitely a regale pose. Amazing IQ for such a high ISO. You covered my comment about would he be clear of the bush in the next frame but if this pose was better I understand your choice.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
01-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Dear Andreas,

Great IQ at 12800 ISO and the "mush" doesn't affect this image that much. Good use of NR (it is really not obvious), deer very impressive and I love the proud stance you captured. Great framing and presentation, sharp where needs be, and those lovely textures...beautiful!

Hope you had a lovely week-end, wishing you a super day tomorrow!

Kind regards,

Nancy Bell
01-25-2015, 04:35 PM
I too find this pose very riveting in the intensity you captured. He is a serious contender for the breeding rights! I am also fine with the OOF foreground, especially since it is balanced on both bottom corners. More importantly the bkgd is evenly toned with no obvious branches, prominent trees, etc. interfering with the antlers.

Morkel Erasmus
01-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Love the stance and the dusk light - great IQ indeed! My comment would also be about the RHS bush but you explained it already.
It's weird to think that Europe was once full of wildlife - truly we are pushing them to the brink even in the spaces of Africa as well...

shane shacaluga
01-26-2015, 04:20 AM
What a wonderful and majestic pose. Comments have been said above. Blown away by the IQ at that ISO

TFS

Marc Mol
01-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Love the stutting/rutting pose here Andreas, the OOF FG L&R is a tad distracting but understand this was the best pose form your selection and doesn't take away too much
for the overall composition, as you say NR implemented, nothing wrong with that of course as long as it's selective :w3.
For ISO 12800 from a Canon, ain't too shabby.:t3

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
01-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks to all for your kind comments , as always much appreciated .

Morkel actually in Germany i do feel we are turning the wheel back as far as the news do not lie .There is a increase in numbers of our Wild Cat ( high percentages in areas where they have been wiped out ) , Lynx , they re introduced the European Bison not far from my home and they seem to do well ( too early to go for trying to see them ) and last but not least around 150 km from where i live there seem to live Wolves !!!!. It was just on the news , they found out because a Sheep got killed and they took DNA samples and said that Wolves killed the Sheep. So it seems to be that the Wolves are moving west , because we do have some packs already living in the Eastern range for a longer time , but they are very hard to find and they are really skittish !!!!!!
Our hunters want to hunt even if they are under protection , the argument is they will kill all the deer /sheep etc. Well that is for sure not true , because we have too many of them in our forests .

Marc - you want to battle with a Canon Photog about noise , well i have not seen that great IQ from a Nikon body in here with such high ISO ,LOL :c3:, but you can chime in with one !!! The key is to know what you are doing , and you should do the right things in Post and i am good in that , well take this please as a fun thing :wave:.Just try to pull your and other Nikonians leg , well but a bit of truth is behind my wording :w3, you Nikonians will never reach us :t3.

Cheers with a big :w3 Andreas

Marc Mol
01-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Marc - you want to battle with a Canon Photog about noise , well i have not seen that great IQ from a Nikon body in here with such high ISO ,LOL :c3:, but you can chime in with one !!! The key is to know what you are doing , and you should do the right things in Post and i am good in that , well take this please as a fun thing :wave:.Just try to pull your and other Nikonians leg , well but a bit of truth is behind my wording :w3, you Nikonians will never reach us :t3.

Let's not go there.......................shall we :2eyes2: :bg3::bg3::t3:t3 :wave:

Andreas Liedmann
01-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Well Marc there is no point to go there , as i said you Nikonians will see the dust we kick up while driving ahead of you . !!!!

All was meant with a :w3 , so stay cool , no need for that too many good Nikon captures on the planet

Marc Mol
01-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Well Marc there is no point to go there , as i said you Nikonians will see the dust we kick up while driving ahead of you . !!!!

All was meant with a :w3 , so stay cool , no need for that too many good Nikon captures on the planet

You'd be no good as a fisherman Andreas.................................you "bite" way too easy.:t3

Andreas Liedmann
01-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Marc i am taking care of fish for living , i like them alive so i will never become a good fishermen for sure :wave:

Dumay de Boulle
01-28-2015, 03:22 AM
Very nice IQ considering the ISO. good color and I rea like the pose. The OOF bush has been mentioned but I understand why you chose this frame. Nice one Andreas.

Andreas Liedmann
01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Thanks a lot Dumay for your feedback :wave:

Gregor Bergquist
02-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Hi Andreas

Very nice one. Great pose and IQ.

An interesting initiative and I guess nice national parks is: http://www.rewildingeurope.com (http://www.rewildingeurope.com)