PDA

View Full Version : Ringed-Neck Duck

Ed Kelly
01-22-2015, 06:44 PM
D750 & Tamron 150-600 @ 600mm f/7.1 800 second iso 320

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7538/15620734713_1103f6ca96_b.jpg

The Ringed-Neck is fairly centered, but I wanted to include the depression in the water the duck created by moving forward.
Processed in LR5 and finished off in PS. Shot at Viera Wetlands a few weeks ago. It was my first visit there.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-22-2015, 06:53 PM
For the head angle, I think you've place the bird *perfectly* in the frame.
Love the eye contact and the grass in the BG. The trough in the water and the reflection are both great. Nice exposure, light and look at the ring. I'm not a fan of dark frames around images - the seem to confine the subjects - but that's just personal bias.
A terrific image. Please post exif data along with your images.
Welcome to BPN, Ed.

Ed Kelly
01-22-2015, 07:03 PM
For the head angle, I think you've place the bird *perfectly* in the frame.
Love the eye contact and the grass in the BG. The trough in the water and the reflection are both great. Nice exposure, light and look at the ring. I'm not a fan of dark frames around images - the seem to confine the subjects - but that's just personal bias.
A terrific image. Please post exif data along with your images.
Welcome to BPN, Ed.

Agree 100% about the frame. After reviewing it, I was going to eliminate it,but I was lazy. Did flickr strip the Exif data? I did post some info on top of image. Any help in regards to the exif data would be appreciated. I just started using Flickr a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the response and the nice comments.

Ed

Sidharth Kodikal
01-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Sorry, Ed. The EXIF is there, I just flat out missed it. My bad.

Grace Scalzo
01-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Ed, A nice image....great exposure and sharpness throughout. Not sure how you framed this in camera, but I think an alternative presentation would be to give more room on the left. Looking forward to more of your work.

Moe Ali
01-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Great image with the tammy. At 600mm you have some nice detail and colours. I like the water depression, your crop works for me.

Daniel Cadieux
01-23-2015, 10:41 AM
The image has a very intimate feel, and I love how the reflections add an element of marsh habitat. Nice and sharp on the eye, great colours, and the crop works remarkably well.

Ed Kelly
01-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks all for the nice comments. It was a beautiful duck, and it was the last light of the evening.

Ed