PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise thirst quencher.

Marc Mol
01-21-2015, 04:38 PM
An Impala ram quenches it's thirst, early sunrise on the Luangwa River, ever watchful of approaching crocs!
It's not often one gets a (near) still morning for water reflections, even the 500 can sometimes be put to use in an environmental setting.
In a perfect world would have loved not to have that secondary bank cutting into the head, legs reflection.

South Luangwa Nat Park- Zambia.

D4s 500 f/4 VR 1/6400s ISO800 f/5.6 -67.EV. Cropped a sand bar from the top, leaving a pano format. Bean bag from front pax seat, ACR/PS CC.

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Rachel Hollander
01-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Hi Marc - beautiful light and I like the stillness of the morning. Nice to see you shooting some animalscapes from ground level too. I agree with your self-critique about the sandbar interrupting the reflection.

TFS,
Rachel

Tobie Schalkwyk
01-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Excellent shot perfectly reflecting the serenity of the early morning in nature, Marc! Makes me wish I was there!

BenBotha
01-22-2015, 04:13 AM
A picture of tranquility! Techs-spot on. TFS.
Ben

Anette Mossbacher
01-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Hi Marc I like the setting and comp. To bad this little "island" is just cutting the reflection. What a bummer.

Love the light, just wondering if you removed a bit on the backside of the "island" the Impala is standing!

Have a great eve

Ciao Anette

Morkel Erasmus
01-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Simplicity wins here, mate! :cheers:
Agree on the sandbar, but not a deal-breaker and a very pleasing image.

Charleen Ratcliff
01-23-2015, 05:48 AM
Dear Marc, even with the sandbar cutting the reflection, I like this image. It almost seems as though it is suspended in space; love the light on this.

A lovely image of one of most favourite places; TFS
Kind regards,
Charleen

Stu Bowie
01-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Hi Marc, I like your comp, and the light isnt bad either. With the calmness of the water with the solitary Impala, this screams tranquility. Well captured.

Andreas Liedmann
01-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi Marc i really like this on all counts , the sandbar a very , very minor thing that is somehow distracting , but not a breaker at all for me . Nicely seen by the photog :wave:.

TFS Andreas

Nancy Bell
01-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Love the composition of this! The totally uncluttered point of land stretching out into the blue gray void of water & sky makes a timeless statement to me. The single, sunlit impala is stunning for the single detail in this image.

Edward Arthur
01-23-2015, 07:36 PM
The clarity, simplicity and sense of peaceful isolation totally works. Outstanding on all counts. :)

Dumay de Boulle
01-24-2015, 09:19 AM
I like the idea here. The colours and light are great and the space around makes for an appealing image. I agree with your thoughts re the little island breaking up the reflection but how rare is it to get everything perfect and in our favour. nice one Marc.

shane shacaluga
01-26-2015, 06:02 AM
One can look at this relaxing image for ages

Simple yet beautiful

Agree on the sandbar but still works perfectly as is

TFS