400 ISO
Neat Image/ Bibble Pro
Sharpened CZM
Red mud surround.on edge of Reservoir
Image Guru used for Shadows'/Highlights
Shame about the head angle but at least there's a bit of eye contact
Cheers
JohnR
This sort of wings up job is a croppers nightmare !!

Raybel Robles
01-17-2015, 01:34 PM
I like the wind position by the bird, the bird is nicely sharp. I wish for a bit more room on top and on the right side. Head angle already noted. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
01-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Way to go in getting the wings fully raised without clipping them! Yes to the head angle, and yes to the added canvas suggestion (for more room for the tip of the wing, and for the tail's shadow). I like the perch, and I love the bit of greenery on it.

Satish Ranadive
01-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Superb image. Superb wing position with nice details. Rest has been mentioned above.
Very nice habitat.

Regards,
Satish.

John Robinson
01-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Thanks all. Added some canvas on top and had some spare on bottom and right side.Any beter ?
Cheers
JohnR

Satish Ranadive
01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Looks great !!

Regards,
Satish.

Bill Dix
01-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Terrific wing position. A lovely shot all around. The repost helps in general, but I'm not sure it needed the extra room at the bottom. The RP seems just a tiny bit oversharpened. What's weird is that his head seems to have turned more toward us in the RP. How did you do that?? Either a result of the extra sharpening, or I'm going batty.

John Robinson
01-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Hi Bill
Thats wierd. I posted the wrong one and why I didnt post that one in the first place I don't know ! Its from a while back so I'll go through and sort the folder out as I must have done somethig. I think it may have been one with a better head angle but wings chopped off which I may have "glued "on ! I don't normally keep all the originals as I am low on disc space . Thanks anyway. I take your point about the sharpening and space on the bottom.
Cheers
John

Bill Dix
01-18-2015, 12:52 PM
John, I'm shocked! With anyone else I might have suspected that's what happened; but I didn't think you resorted to those shenanigans. Very nicely done!

John Robinson
01-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Bill
I,ve bee through the Folder . Done in 2007 The two files are "sandpiper 301 & sandpiper 302". The original files would have been dsc -something so I must have done something but what I don't know. One has a different frame size. It could have been a quick head turn but I doubt it. but on high frame burst it might have been. If it had been edited heavily I 'm sure I wouldn't have put it on this site intentionally
I didn't think my Paint Shop Pro skills were that good - especially 7 years back !:bg3::bg3:
Cheers
John