PDA

View Full Version : Where Rainbows meets the Earth

Bibhav Behera
01-15-2015, 10:09 PM
This was shot in a waterfall hidden deep in one of the coffee estates in Chickmanglur, Karntaka, India. The sunlight peered through the mist from the waterfall and created a beautiful rainbow near it. It was a magical moment and a sign of beautiful times to come in the year ahead. Wish you all a very Happy New Year!

http://www.bibhavbehera.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/G6A9730-1-3.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 17-40 f/4L USM With B+W 10 stop ND filter
SS 10" (-0.3 EC)
f/14
ISO 400

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Don Railton
01-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Hi Bibhav

This is a very nice image, and the rainbow is a nice inclusion. Water looks very nice and the whole image is sharp with good colour. My only suggestion to improve is to maybe lighten the top LH corner, but I think a better thing to do if it were possible is to reshoot this when the light was not casting a big shadow across the bottom of the falls... that would likely add more light to the top LH corner also. Finally there is a 'blob' in the water just up from the bottom of the frame right of centre that I would clone out. easy to do.

DON

Don Lacy
01-16-2015, 09:17 AM
This is a wonderful location and I like the composition agree with Don on the dark corners, if possible I would go back and reshoot it under less contrasty light

Diane Miller
01-16-2015, 11:38 PM
But unfortunately, more subdued light would reduce the rainbow and a different sun angle would move it -- although possibly for the better (or not)... It's a lovely image and I think the shadows could be lightened enough to make them less obvious.

Andrew McLachlan
01-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Nice scene and composition and I love that little rainbow at the base of the falls. I would also lighten the shadowed areas to reduce the contrasty light you were faced with on this day to make this image work better. I would also return to shoot it on an overcast day as it is a very nice waterfall and it never hurts to have photos of the same scene under varying weather conditions.

Bibhav Behera
01-18-2015, 12:31 AM
Thanks Guys. I agree on the contrasty light. Posting a different composition where the frame excludes the darks.