PDA

View Full Version : King of the Wave

Grace Scalzo
01-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Posting this image to draw out some ideas on compostion. I framed it as shown here to keep all the flying droplets in. I like the arc and also that they are in the front and back of the duck. Wondering what you think of such a centered comp? Does this work? The other thing that I'll mention is that I have a gallery of ducks on my website and I don't want all the images composed the same. But if this doesn't work, let me know and also some alternative thoughts. Thanks!

1/1250, f8, iso1000
Canon 1dx, 600f4 + 2.0tc + lowered RRS tripod

John Robinson
01-15-2015, 08:26 PM
Looks absolutely fine to me Grace. Any alterations on the line you mention would be quite minor. You could take a teenybit off the right to get the head just central or a bit to the right, and maybe then a sliver off te top. Butit really is nit picking . You would still get most of the droplets in. Every one will see it differently. Leave it:S3:

JohnR

dankearl
01-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Beautiful IQ and light.
I would move it back (to the right).

Sidharth Kodikal
01-15-2015, 09:04 PM
I love it Grace. Perfectly timed for peak action. Great techs. The centered comp works for me.

Ed Kelly
01-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Perfect timing. Great clarity. Wouldn't change anything.

Ed

David Salem
01-16-2015, 12:29 AM
I played with this beautiful frame a bit and I can see how you came up with this comp and how you questioned it also. I see how you want to keep that spray that is OOF behind him in the frame and the splash in front.
I like it best with a bit off the bottom, about to your sig, and about a half inch off the right. The shot is beautiful and I really like the pose, shows off the form of this guy well and the bent tail looks great.
The light, detail and techs look fantastic too. Ok, I will trade you a Cinnamon for a Longtail. I will come back to NY again to shot with you and you let me know when you can make it out here:) See ya soon

Loi Nguyen
01-16-2015, 12:40 AM
Hi Grace, beautiful image. I'm with David. A little bit off the bottom and a tad off the right may be good. the wave and the water droplets added to the action here. Loi

arash_hazeghi
01-16-2015, 03:27 AM
very nice Grace! love the dynamic pose combined with the low angle and details in both white and blacks

well done

Jonathan Ashton
01-16-2015, 07:07 AM
Super shot wonderful details/exposure. I would consider taking a little off the base.

keith mitchell
01-16-2015, 07:53 AM
Grace I would not change a thing,excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoffrey Montagu
01-16-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm envious, Grace. Like everything you've captured in this image. Could not ask anything better IMO. Another vote for not changing anything.

Geoffrey

Binu John
01-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Lovely shot! Excellent action, pose, exposure and POV. Well done.

William Dickson
01-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Excellent. Go to the top of the class :S3: Fabulous capture. Still waiting for our LTD to arrive from Russia to winter here as they did last year. Well done Grace. Good work.

Diane Miller
01-16-2015, 01:25 PM
This is gorgeous! The crest of water it is riding on is wonderful and unusual. I wouldn't take more than a sliver off the bottom, as it would crowd that gorgeous wave and the reflection it contains. A small amount could come off the top, for my taste.

Sharon Hallowell
01-16-2015, 02:32 PM
If you move it back, you'll miss the beginning of the wave. I think it's perfect as is...don't change it! Sharon

gail bisson
01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi Grace,
Love,love this one.
So neat to see the LTD riding the crest of the wave.
Exposure and IQ are perfect.
This comp is great. I played with it and could see a sliver off the bottom and left but that is really nit-picking!
gail

annmpacheco
01-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Grace,
love it just the way it is! I like the "movement" in this image, specifically the wave , the arch of the duck, and the sweep of the long tail. Gorgeous detail and your placement is right on! beautiful.

Satish Ranadive
01-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Gorgeous image. Spectacular pose with superb wing position. Rest as usual superb.
Love the perpendicular tail to wings.

Regards,
Satish.

Bob Smith
01-17-2015, 08:35 PM
A really great shot Grace, with perfect focus on the fine details. Catching it on the crest of the wave is just right. I do like all the water droplets being there,but I'd like to be a little closer in on them so that I could see the drops sphericality and sparkle and am wondering if a little closer crop ( in trying this idea I'd be sure not to lose the blurred wave at the bottom) would reveal that w/o any adverse costs to the overall image .

OvidiuCavasdan
01-18-2015, 10:13 AM
I like the action and droplets, sharpness and dof-the wave in focus. Like it as presented.