PDA

View Full Version : Theme Raven

John Robinson
01-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Raven
One of the previus bird posted as it came in to the sheep. You don't get many chances with these at this distance. Its hard to know wheher to grab a shot or wait.
D200 Sigma 50-500
500 ISO
200th @f8
Large blobs of white wool cloned out .
60% of frame
Thanks for comments on last pic.
JohnR

Geoffrey Montagu
01-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Perfect capture, John. Love the inquisitive look. Very nice detail in this black beauty.

Geoffrey

William Dickson
01-14-2015, 02:02 AM
How did you get that close. The only ravens I see are miles away:e3. Great capture John. The blacks look good and the BG I think is better colours than the last one. That's one big craw:S3: Well done John, good work

Stu Bowie
01-14-2015, 05:24 AM
Hi John, you certainly nailed the exposure for this month's theme :w3 I like the head tilt from the Raven, sharp, and well placed in the frame. Although Im fine with the OOF Wool of the sheep scattered around the image, I would try a version coming up from the bottom to take away the line of wool at the bottom of the frame. A browser scroll shows how it helps. :w3

David Salem
01-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Pretty darn good look at this raven. The exposure and details look great and I like that look he is giving you. Nice frame
I used to have a raven named "Rale" when I was a kid growing up. They are a real hoot! The only bird found on every continent and from the coldest to the hottest locations on the planet.

Jim Crosswell
01-14-2015, 07:33 PM
I like the inquisitive pose, exposure and details. Were you wearing a sheep skin to get this close? Good job on getting this close John.

Satish Ranadive
01-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Magnificent image with superb exposure on blacks. Love the inquisitive pose, grass with scattered wool and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

John Robinson
01-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Thanks all. Appreciated.
Yes Stuart- will do one as you suggested a bit later.

Thanks all. Certainly was flighty. Only got about 5 shots in three days.

Clive Brown
01-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Absolutely superb John these really are extremely clever and cautious and you really nailed this shot in my opinion
Regards Clive

John Robinson
01-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Thanks Clive I think as far as bird photography goes there are a few notoriously "hard" ones. Apart from this one I would say the other two are Morhen and Pigeons . Well there were in thedays when we had to do themat or near the nest.
Not so bad these days!
Cheers
John