PDA

View Full Version : Black-faced Impala

Roy Priest
01-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Taken in Namibia
Nikon D4, 1/1000@F6.3, ISO 800, 500mm F4, hand-held out of van window.

Tiago Caravana
01-12-2015, 05:31 PM
I like the IQ, the positioning and the light on the impala. A better HA / eye contact would be super!

Rachel Hollander
01-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Hi Roy - Nice portrait of the black-faced impala. They always seemed to be facing away from me when I saw them in Namibia. Nice sharpness and detail. There is some blue coming through in both the whites of the chin and in the blacks. I would reduce the blues if it were mine.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
01-13-2015, 05:56 AM
Hi Roy , a nice Impala portrait with nice colors and detail .Head angle could be a bit better , but they do not always want to do what we want . Nice separation from BGK even if the BKG is a bit busy in terms of tonality . Good DOF .
I think the blacks are a bit too solid you have lost detail there , plugged in all three channels . Rachel is right about the blues but this a minor thing for me .

TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
01-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Hello Roy,

Lovely portrait of Impala,

I would like to see more detail in the blacks and if possible, could you reduce the blues (as observed by Andreas and Rachel above). Subject pops nicely against the BG, sharpness is there, I think with some careful processing and a gentler touch on the sliders (not sure what software you use to process your images) this could be quite a stunner, would love to see an RP.

Thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,

Morkel Erasmus
01-14-2015, 04:16 PM
A very nice portrait showcasing this unique subspecies of Impala, Roy.
I agree that you could open up the blacks somewhat and reduce the blue tinge in the whites.

Charleen Ratcliff
01-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Very nice shot , love the detail on the mouth! won't repeat what other folks have suggested but well done for getting a shot of one looking in your direction!

Roy Priest
01-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I am at my place in Arizona now and I don't have access to the file to do any updates. I'll do it when I return home in Feb. and repost then.