PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Sunset Reflections

Kerry Perkins
01-09-2015, 04:50 PM
I was going to call this what it is - Reflections of Bosque, but a certain someone would tell me that it doesn't look like Bosque at all... :c3:

It's been a while since we've done mini-worlds, but if you think about that process it involves flipping, making the image a square, then using polar coordinates. This image was made by following those steps but skipping the final step. I took a sunset pic from Bosque, mirrored it horizontally, then made the image into a square and flipped it vertically. I made a crop from the bottom so the image would not be square. I thought it was cool that the reflection was above and the sky below. Your mileage may vary.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-10-2015, 06:54 AM
I can see Buddha at the top as if meditating and an eye at the bottom of the land. I love the colours and the composition.

Paul Lagasi
01-11-2015, 05:10 AM
Kinda looks like a psychiatrist's blotter, every time I look I see something in there. very nice partial mini-world effect, Kerry. Love the sky color.

Steve Adkins
01-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Strikingly beautiful, Kerry! Neat process.

Cheryl Slechta
01-12-2015, 04:30 PM
It looks like a Rorschach test to me. Great colors.:S3:

Nancy Bell
01-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Super cool! I love the fun of mini-worlds, or in this case, part of a mini-world. It's always a surprise exactly how the details turn out. For me I see the ghost of Bosque past in the top half, blackened and fading away and the Bosque future in the bottom half, clean and beautiful like a new dawn :S3:!

Arthur Morris
01-13-2015, 09:50 AM
Not sure if there is a Buddah in there but there sure seems to be someone in the image. I love it. It says Bosque to me. My favorite part is the sharp hill.
Please be so kind as to post the un-cropped ORIG here :)

Kerry Perkins
01-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone! Here is the original, unprocessed. Bosque regulars will recognize this crane pond.

Arthur Morris
01-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Thanks Kerry. The tree bisecting the horizon is what fooled me.....

Dennis Bishop
01-14-2015, 09:49 AM
I don't think it's a conscious thing, but something inside me wants the darker part to be on the bottom. As you say, though, mileage may vary. I do like what you got with the mirror image.

Kerry Perkins
01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks for comments everyone. Dennis, your comment about something inside you is perfect and makes me feel that I have succeeded with the image. :c3:

Anita Bower
01-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Interesting image. I, too, want to see it rotated 180 degrees. Why does Dennis' comment make you feel you have succeeded? Wonderful colors. Thanks for posting original.

Kerry Perkins
01-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Anita, my goal here is to get people to think farther out of the box than their comfort zones normally allow. If I make you wish the image looked different from my vision, then I have made you think about it and just maybe you will see what I am getting at by making images that don't adhere to the "so-called rules of photography" as alluded to in our mission statement at the top of the forum home page. Or, it could be that you just don't like it that way and that's fine too, but it won't change my vision or goals. :c3:

Anita Bower
01-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Anita, my goal here is to get people to think farther out of the box than their comfort zones normally allow. If I make you wish the image looked different from my vision, then I have made you think about it and just maybe you will see what I am getting at by making images that don't adhere to the "so-called rules of photography" as alluded to in our mission statement at the top of the forum home page. Or, it could be that you just don't like it that way and that's fine too, but it won't change my vision or goals. :c3:
Thanks, Kerry. I like images that push me to think out of the box!

Anita Bower
01-18-2015, 06:25 AM
Congratulations for a well deserved OOTB win.

Kerry Perkins
01-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Thanks Anita!