PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Rock Sunset

Morkel Erasmus
01-07-2015, 05:04 PM
A quick one from our recent Christmas camping trip to the Golden Gate Highlands National Park in South Africa.
This sandstone butress is called "Mushroom Rock", and was right behind our campsite. When I saw these high clouds forming at sunset, I didn't even have to venture far for a shooting spot.
I had to shoot handheld as my tripod bracked for my camera went strangely missing upon leaving for the trip (I found it upon our return lodged into an undiscovered crevasse in my camera bag :eek3::bugeyed:).

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 @ 14mm
f7.1 | 1/50 SS | ISO-560

Don Railton
01-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Hi Morkel

Another at your usual high standard. Brillant sky & colour and I like the composition using the valley lead in to the sun from the corner. Nice detail. The mountain has a bit of a lean in to the right at the top but never been there so it might be real and not distortion. I don't like distortion much... I do see a faint halo along the ridgeline and also there is a funny shadow thingy on the ride line just to the right of the bright orange. Maybe it a power pole artefact..? So you had a boys look for the tripod huh..?

DON

Tobie Schalkwyk
01-07-2015, 11:41 PM
I love it, Morkel! The clouds are edged in nicely in the 'V' of the landscape and was begging for a shot! Nice colours and as clear as can be!

James Fuller
01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Love that sky! Well captured and processed.

dankearl
01-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Pretty Sunset, maybe reduce the magenta in the sky a tad?
Love the color in the rock wall......

Don Lacy
01-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Wonderful image Morkel love the comp.

Andrew McLachlan
01-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Beautiful work Morkel. I love it as presented! :5

TimothyGriesel
01-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Morkel, Another fantastic image by yourself.

I quite like the slight magenta tones in the clouds. Think it adds to the image.

Well processed and presented