PDA

View Full Version : Under Cover - Red-eyed Vireo

Jim Crosswell
01-06-2015, 07:57 AM
I am finally getting around to processing my spring images. This was taken in May at a Conservation Area just down the street. The spring migration was good one. I cloned out some leaves in the bottom left corner. All C&Cs are welcome and appreciated.

Canon 1D MK IV
500L f4
1.4 Extender
ISO 1000
f7.1
1/160s
Tripod

Bill Dix
01-06-2015, 08:52 AM
I like this, Jim. It's the way we usually see these guys, if we get to see them at all. Nicely focused on the red eye.

gail bisson
01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
This a wonderful image Bill.
I love the peek-a-boo pose and the way the leaves are wrapped around the bird with the leaf on the head perfectly capping the head. Really like all the lovely soft greens in the image as well as the OOF foliage in the BG.
The image has a nice balanced feel to it and a sense of place.
My only suggestion for this very fine image would be to lighten the branch below the bird that intersects with the body.
The more I look at this , the more I like it!
Gail

Shawn Zierman
01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Dang this is too cute! Would love to see this get image of the week....it's not a species that is featured very often in this forum and the uniqueness of the pose with the leaves and image quality work together to make one mighty fine red-eyed vireo image.

keith mitchell
01-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Jim so refreshingly different, it's right up my street, excellent.

Cheers Keith.

Jim Crosswell
01-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Thanks Bill, Gail, Shawn and Keith for your comments. Gail I will try a version with your suggestion.

Joseph Przybyla
01-07-2015, 08:42 AM
A little beauty Jim, nice colors and composition. If mine I might be inclined to take a tad off the left side if the IQ would allow. Thank you for sharing.

David Salem
01-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Talk about the cute factor!! Looks like it's little blanky in bed. Very well captured with lots of nice details. Good job Jim.