PDA

View Full Version : Me & Myself

Ramon M. Casares
05-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi guys, today I wanted to share this shot, I like it because the butterfly is kind of stearing at herself hehehe.
Taken under a controled enviroment and as the BG was preety gray, I gave a more "sky-ish" tone with Ps.

XT+100mm 2.8 macro+flash 580

Tv 1/160
Av f/18
Iso 200

Enjoy my friends!!!

Gus Cobos
05-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Ramon,
I like the composition and capture. I like the baby blue sky. The wings on your butterfly look over sharpened...:D

Ramon M. Casares
05-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi Gus, thanks for your comment, the wings are like that, I didn't sharpened them, it is just that this butterfly's wings really look like that way. Again, thanks for your insights and apreciations!!

Robert O'Toole
05-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I really like it Ramon, good job on the blue sky I never would have guessed it. Good job with the DOF and getting everything in the frame sharp. Very interesting story with the 2 stages in the same frame, this isnt easy!

If I could change anything, and these are minor fine points, I would say more room around the subjects and I would darken the stick slightly.

Robert

John Cooper
05-26-2008, 10:09 PM
An excellent story-telling image Ramon - everything on the same plane allowing crisp sharpness for both nymph-casing and emerged butterfly. Agree a little more space around the subject matter would enhance the composition.

Ed Vatza
05-27-2008, 05:38 AM
Very nice image, Ramon. I like it a lot. I tend to like crops tight but I have to agree with Robert here that we can use a bit more room around the butterfly.

Fabs Forns
05-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Very well done an interesting to see the two in the frame. I'd also like a bit more room at the top and bottom, Excellent graphic quality.

Mike Moats
05-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey Ramon, excellent image. really love the comp and great details and sky. Maybe a little darker would be nice. Very well done.

Bob Allen
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I like the tight crop as-is. I am concerned about the dots of cyan on the wings. Acraeid and Heliconiid butterflies (I'm not sure which family this one is in) typically have no blue or cyan on them. It may be that when you brought up the blue to help out the bg, the cyan was introduced and/or saturated. You might go back to your original image and check that out.