PDA

View Full Version : Least Sandpiper @ the beach

Ed Kelly
01-04-2015, 08:18 AM
http://edkelly.smugmug.com/Photography/Reds/i-WwWLHdq/0/XL/Ruddy%20Turnstone%2051-XL.jpg

Shot in Port Royal, South Carolina
D750 & Tamron 150-600mm @ 600mm f/9

Horizon adjusted,saturation increased in LR5

Randy Stout
01-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Ed:

Welcome to BPN! A great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

I have attached a link with the posting guidelines. Forum participants can post a new image every 48hrs, as opposed to members, at q 24hrs.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/87352-Please-Read-Before-Posting-The-First-Time-and-Then-From-Time-to-Time

Your turnstone is sharp, nice shooting angle, good that he is backed by the band of blue. Generally the bird images are more engaging if the head is angled towards us just a bit.

Some of the whites are at 255. Probably ok in the original, but the posting process sometimes pushing them a bit too high.

Looking forward to more. You can post the second image in 48hrs.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
01-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Hi Ed...welcome to BPN!!:S3:

Cute subject with lots of good details. Very appealing colours in the BG, and you photographed this fella at eye level which is excellent. Well balanced composition. I'm sure you can tone down those whites during raw conversion, and yes, a head angled slightly towards us rather than away is usually best.

Hope to see more from you!

Alan Murphy
01-04-2015, 08:40 PM
I like the low angle and clean background. Your bird is a Least Sandpiper and not a Ruddy Turnstone.

Ed Kelly
01-04-2015, 11:34 PM
I like the low angle and clean background. Your bird is a Least Sandpiper and not a Ruddy Turnstone.

Thanks Alan. I tried to change it, but once I placed the post,being a newbie, it disappeared. I had no way to correct it.It took me a long time to figure out what species it was.I had placed a new title and reposted,but that post must have been discarded.

I have a nice shot of a Ruddy Turnstone I will post in the next few days.

Thanks Again

Ed

Daniel Cadieux
01-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Hi Ed, I corrected the title for you. Looking forward to the Ruddy Turnstone!

Ed Kelly
01-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Thanks Daniel. Thanks for the nice comments also.

Ed