PDA

View Full Version : Green River Overlook #2

Don Lacy
01-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Another image from Canyonlands NP here the colors in the sky are starting to fade as the sun get closer to the horizon and the clouds start to drift away.
This is a two image blend using simple a gradient blend in PS and the rest is my usual formula of layers and mask.
Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, Tripod

Don Railton
01-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi Don

I like this better than the previous post from the same area, which I never got a chance to comment on (grandkids visiting..). I think this is a great composition, the foreground is nicely balanced with the tree and rock and they frame the quite spectacular view nicely. Its a great image. I see 3 faint dust spots, two just below the intersection of the jet trail remnant and the cloud and a 3rd about 2" to the left of that, trivial I know, but...

best regards

DON

Don Lacy
01-04-2015, 05:42 PM
I see 3 faint dust spots, two just below the intersection of the jet trail remnant and the cloud and a 3rd about 2" to the left of that, trivial I know, but...
Good eye Don slightly embarrassed you keep catching me with my bunnies out in the open :e3

dankearl
01-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Nice pastels and a very nice scene.
I think it could be warmed up a tad, a bit purple.
Your usual nice techs and IQ....

Diane Miller
01-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Lovely composition and light!! I know this tree! I may be misremembering but I think I tried to get lower to get it protruding above the horizon and covering the merge of the mesa on the left with the distant horizon. Don't know if I can dig it out easily to confirm so I'll settle for my fantasy! (Probably pre-Lghtroom and a lot of old stuff never got cataloged well enough to find easily.)

You might consider cloning ot cropping the tiny bit of lighter near rock in the LR.

Andrew McLachlan
01-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Very nice scene Don. I like the placement of the key elements in this image and do love the red rock but can't comment on the color as I have never been here...but one day...I will