PDA

View Full Version : White-eyed Buzzard

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-01-2015, 10:17 PM
A high key image of this awesome raptor. The shooting angle was steep but its difficult (but not impossible) to get eye level shots in our dense forests from safari vehicles.
1/800
f/5
ISO 800
5D III
500 II
Hand held.

Diane Miller
01-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Gorgeous bird! I don't mind the steep angle as it's the way they usually are -- the lord of the trees. The white sky and dramatic perch add to the effect -- well done, in my book!

shane shacaluga
01-02-2015, 04:45 AM
Nice high key image. At least he is looking down from the high perch. Only nit is the OOF yellow bit in the BG top right

TFS

Daniel Cadieux
01-02-2015, 07:41 AM
I like the pose, perch, comp. Very good sharpness and a great view of the talons. The subject and perch look at tad underexposed to me...adding more light to the exposure would have been good. You could do it in post but it's always best, IQ-wise, to get it right in-camera.

Shawn Zierman
01-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Love that gnarly old perch! Lots of character. Great eye contact with the subject. Sharp details. Eliminating the foliage on the upper right hand side is definitely worth considering imo. If you were in a vehicle you probably could not go lower, but if possible, lowering your shooting position just slightly to get a totally clean white bg canvas would have been worth exploring too...probably would have only taken a foot or so....Well handled exposure...looks like the sun was rising or setting behind the bird...based on the tail highlights.

Miguel Palaviccini
01-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Just a little bit underexposed, as Daniel mentioned. I also agree with Shawn about removing the foliage on the top right. I do like the foliage on the bottom though.

mohammad reza shahab
01-04-2015, 03:56 PM
I like the pose,perch ans comp.good detail.

Satish Ranadive
01-05-2015, 05:16 AM
Magnificent image of beautiful raptor.

Regards,
Satish.