PDA

View Full Version : Tricolored Heron

Raybel Robles
01-01-2015, 12:59 PM
I used to avoid taking photos against the sun light, but on my recent trip to Bosque Del Apache where sometimes you don’t have other option rather than doing silhouettes I have learned to use this opportunities to my advantage. For this photo I saw the opportunity while photogaphing a few shorebirds and I waited for the right time to snap the photo, I wanted to get the Heron either hitting the water while fishing or taking off which resulted in the this image.

D750 | 300mm f2.8 w/ 2x TC | ISO 100 | f/5.6 | 1/1000s

Joseph Przybyla
01-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Lovely, I like it a lot Ray. My eyes are opened to new opportunities...

Randy Stout
01-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Ray:

Always fun to discover a new avenue to explore. I think you hit this one just right, with nice transillumination of the water, a little of the primaries, good angle in frame, great golden colors.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
01-01-2015, 05:28 PM
A lovely shot, Ray. The thumbnail drew me right in. This was very well conceived and executed, with great colors and good flight pose. The water splash adds nicely. If you were so inclined you could remove the blurred edges of the wings.

adrian dancy
01-01-2015, 07:49 PM
All looks good to me...nice work.

Diane Miller
01-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Beautiful -- great color and the splash is lovely. The unusual reflection is icing on the cake.

Daniel Cadieux
01-02-2015, 08:56 AM
I love silhouettes, and I love creating them when the opportunity arises. Glad you've discovered it :-) I like the take-off pose and trailing water. Colours in the water look great. I do wish the lines along the back and wings were hard and sharp too (raising the ISO for more SS would have been good), but the overall impact of the image is really nice.

Miguel Palaviccini
01-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Ray, great thinnking with that exposure! I think it looks a lot better than what may have come out if you exposed for the bird. Droplets of water behind and in front of the bird are a nice touch!

Frank Schauf
01-06-2015, 06:05 AM
Great scene and setting you have here.