William Dickson
12-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Canon 7D Mkii
f/4 500mm with 1x4 iii
f/7.1
1/1000
ISO 640
+0.3

I received a nice Christmas present, a one man hide, with a chair. :S3: I decided to try it out this morning, although it was freezing, at a nearby loch. I was using both my 7D Mk2 and 5D Mk3, and I also think that there are issues with the focus on the 7D Mk2. A lot more than usual were soft. I thought this image was one of the better ones. Processed with CS6

Thanks for having a look

I was very impressed with the hide :S3:

Mike Landwehr
12-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Now that's a Christmas gift that a lot of us could use! Beautiful background, and nice colors on your subject. I really like the arched neck, and the position on the eye in the frame. The eye is very sharp, the head angle is very nice, and the water droplets are a plus. The light angle, and the resulting shadows on the neck, are a bit of a distraction for me.

keith mitchell
12-29-2014, 03:51 AM
William you got a great present ,I use mine all the time ,they are excellent.
You have some great detail on the head, bill,and eye, agree with Mike re the light patch on the neck.

Keith.

John Robinson
12-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Well done Will. A subject not many bother to photograph.
I have two of those hides and have adapted them both. I find with my gear the front is a bit too far away-(or the chair is too far back). I suppose if you have a three foot lens they are OK !!!
I have one I made myself which is a lot smaller and I can carry it a lot easier. Not getting much use these days though.
Cheers
John
Have a good you know what.

Daniel Cadieux
12-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Very thoughtful gift! Lots of nice details, well exposed for the blacks (I'd tone down the brightest part of the neck). Really nice curve to said neck, and I like the placement in the frame. Yes, the light angle is not at its best though. Still nice overall.