PDA

View Full Version : Depoe Bay, Oregon

Terry Johnson
12-28-2014, 05:51 PM

Hello, this image was taken a couple of months ago. It is the entrance to Depoe Bay on the coast of Oregon. The image is a two panel panorama. I an still working on the image to remove the power lines. It is beautiful at full resoultion.

Nikon D810
Nikon 24-70MM @ 24mm
F2.8
ISO-90
1/100

Your comments please...Terry Johnson:S3:

Morkel Erasmus
12-30-2014, 03:42 PM
An engaging scape here Terry. I love the light and colours, and the sweeping view - your composition has added great depth here.
It feels a wee bit light in the midtones for me - easy to fix.
Please do repost when you have sorted the power lines :t3

Don Railton
12-31-2014, 02:18 AM
Hi Terry.

Great Image with beautiful light and lots to ponder over. I agree with Morkels suggestion about boosting the mid tones. This will add punch to the sky and rocks. Power lines have to go.... I also wonder about a crop from the RHS to eliminate the red roofed building LRC.. What do you think??

DON

Andrew McLachlan
12-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Terry, I like this one a lot...ditto on the mid-tone contrast and yep keep working on those power lines, they are distracting as they are, but once gone you will have a lovely postcard setting of Depoe Bay!

Don Lacy
01-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Wonderful comp and sweep to the image .

Terry Johnson
01-02-2015, 06:54 PM

Hello to those who responded. This is a repost of the original image with the wires removed and the mid-tones darkened.

let me know what you think...Terry Johnson:S3:

Terry Johnson
01-03-2015, 12:15 PM
The image has been reposted...Terry

Terry Johnson
01-03-2015, 12:16 PM
The image has been reposted...Terry Johnsonj

Don Railton
01-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Hi Terry, it seems you have not posted your image with an assigned colour space...It will affect the way the images appears and likely to be different on different browsers. If you use PS and the 'save for web' feature there is a little box you tick to ensure the image is saved with the sRGB colour space assigned, which is usual for web presentation. I would consider reposting it with this box ticked. I had a play with it in PS and as it stands I think it could possibly benefit from a little more midtone boost in the sky, but that is a personal thing. Its a quite wonderful image anyway.

regards

DON

Terry Johnson
01-03-2015, 11:20 PM

Here is a repost using 'save for web' with RGB box checked...Terry:S3:

Terry Johnson
01-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Don, I reposted with RGB box checked...Terry

Don Railton
01-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Hi Terry,

Looks no different to me and when I copy the latest image and paste it into PS I get a message telling me the image "does not have embedded RGB profile". Maybe the problem is at my end as I had a similar issue with a repost Don Lacy did of my beach scene.. others might chime in and hopefully I can get to the bottom of it. I will read Diane Millers comments again in the beach image I posted about assigning profiles, maybe there is something I missed..

regards

DON