PDA

View Full Version : Theme Am i predator ?

Andreas Liedmann
12-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Hi all i am just sending an Ocean predator to this month theme , well even if not "that" dangerous for the most creatures in the ocean .
Photographed this little Harbour Seal at Donna Nook some years ago .
He looked lost amongst the bigger Grey Seals on that beach .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 800 IS L
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/800 sec ; i wished for more DOF afterwards :S3:.

I also went back to see how the "old" files would perform with the new DPP 4 , i am quite happy with the outcome.

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC , again very minimalistic PP on this one .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Sweet, love this close-up. Beautiful colours and warmth, love the clarity and sharpness on the face and those lovely dark eyes. And those long whiskers!
Perfect framing Andreas, well processed, I would not change anything:S3:

Have a great evening!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
12-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Wow what a great image. Love those eyes and the light. Beautiful low angle and super details.

Marc Mol
12-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Nice and simple image well handled Andreas, good techs, low POV & detail, don't mind the DOF so much.

TFS

Rachel Hollander
12-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Andreas - Sweet light and great low pov. Details excellent as usual. Only thing I would do is back off slightly on sharpening on the area above the eyes.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
12-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks folks for your comments as always much appreciated .
Rachel you could be right , as i changed my WF slightly for the moment , i have to figure out how much of sharpening to apply in the final web image :e3.

Next time i will look more closely !

Cheers Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
12-31-2014, 02:05 AM
Hi Andreas, great light and image. I like it a lot. My questions is, when the new DDP is so great why still use than PS CC ? Lololol
I read you use minimal, is it than worth to have it at all. Just my thoughts, you know :w3

Have a great day and wish you a Happy New Year

ciao Anette

shane shacaluga
12-31-2014, 06:04 AM
Wonderful closeup and love the light on this one. Low POV is excellent too

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
12-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks Shane and Anette for your comments .

Anette i answer your question with a song from Queen performed by Freddie Mercury ........... " I want it all , i want it all ..... i want it now "

DPP 4 is excellent with great IQ output , but it has no masking options (very important for me ) , no local contrast and other important gimmicks. :bg3:. So all final refinements are not possible like the EYES !!!!!

Hope this helps , and for sure there is not that much room to play within DPP ........... and i love to play !!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to you guys too, yours Andreas

Steve Kaluski
01-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi Andreas, don't have an issue with the DoF, however would have liked a bit more below.

TFS
Steve