PDA

View Full Version : Green River Overlook #1

Don Lacy
12-19-2014, 07:44 PM
This was the only morning out of the 6 days I was in Moab that we had any clouds to reflect the pre dawn light. I tried to make the most of it.

This is a two image blend using a simple gradient blend I liked the results better with that method over the luminosity blends I attempted. Now that I am looking at it i might have the foreground to bright let me know if you think it is.
Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4IS, Foreground image was shot at f/16 at .5s, Sky was shot at f/16 at 1/15s Manual mode, Evaluative metered, ISO 400. Numerous layers and mask in post.

Diane Miller
12-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Great use of the wide angle! No nits from me, but if you're concerned about the FG you might try a gradient darkening from the base -- too subtle to be sure it's there.

David Cowling
12-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Nice colours, well handled exposure, great viewpoint and very interesting foreground. I am ignorant of the geographical location but is that ice rime around the edge of the left hand pool? Not too sure about the bush, does it add or detract from the image? To my eye it is too prominent and stops me from looking further into the image. Without it the three right hand pools are a great lead in to the far distance. I am sure that others will see it differently. Very interesting geography, what part of the US is it?

Don Lacy
12-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Nice colours, well handled exposure, great viewpoint and very interesting foreground. I am ignorant of the geographical location but is that ice rime around the edge of the left hand pool? Not too sure about the bush, does it add or detract from the image? To my eye it is too prominent and stops me from looking further into the image. Without it the three right hand pools are a great lead in to the far distance. I am sure that others will see it differently. Very interesting geography, what part of the US is it?
Image was made in the Island in the sky area of Canyonlands NP in South Utah

Andrew McLachlan
12-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi Don...I love it. Great color in the rock and fantastic use of those puddles as foreground interest :cheers:

andresleon
12-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Excellent composition. The puddles and the lines really create an interesting perspective. I think the sky, as you said Don, is a little too bright bit not bad at all. Well done!