PDA

View Full Version : autumn clematis

Ron Conlon
12-19-2014, 05:05 PM
71 images stacked in Zerene
D800E 200mm, flash, 1/250s f8 iso100

Diane Miller
12-19-2014, 10:46 PM
71 -- heroic!! I love it!! I'm not usually a fan of solid black BGs but with so much going on here, it works very well. Outstanding detail and wonderful composition!

MiroslavMaric
12-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Hi Ron. Beautiful shot :S3:. Like the colors balance between BG and subject. As Diane told the details and composition are well done. Great light too. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Ron Conlon
12-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks, Miro and Diane.
Diane: One thing I like about stacking is how little effort it takes. Perhaps "heroic" could be applied to my overheating laptop. I understand we now need to be concerned about AI getting the better of us so maybe we shouldn't do anything to build its self-esteem. I mainly need to restrain myself from doing something silly which might interfere with capture or stacking--let the capture and stacking software and the camera do their work undisturbed. There was a curve applied in batch in ACR, no retouch in Zerene, and the studio setup and the deep focus eliminates a lot of work in PS. The full stack is twice as big, this was every other image stacked, I saw no difference so will save on batteries and HD space in the future if I can figure out how to get the capture software (Helicon Remote) to take steps twice as big as the default.

Valerio Tarone
12-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Hi Ron, I often do similar kind of shots. I really like it as details and composition are well balanced.

Steve Maxson
12-25-2014, 12:16 PM
What can I say here, Ron - this is outstanding! I might prefer just a bit more room at the top, but that is a very minor point. :S3:

Norm Dulak
12-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Wow, Ron. This really jumps out at the viewer in a spectacular fashion. Wonderful image and technique.

Bob Smith
12-26-2014, 04:36 PM
An amazing image--I love the detail focus of every single fiber .

John Robinson
12-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Sorry Ron - thought I,d posted on this one. Usual standard.Great stuff but I love black backdrops on a subject like this. 70 layers seems a bit OTT though ? Still -it worked.
Cheers
John

Ron Conlon
12-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks, all.
John: It is a bit much, but I decided to try a few with the software (Helicon Remote) running the show, and it chose twice as many layers. As I said in the thread to another, if I stack every frame, or every second frame that the software chooses, I can see no difference, but at every third or fourth there are subtle differences (very). With the software doing the acquisition, it is just a matter of having enough HD space and waiting, no real work on my part.

Jerry van Dijk
01-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Just wonderful Ron, all good points already mentioned.

Mitch Carucci
01-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Just Super! Love the tangle of curved lines. Sharpness goes without saying. (nice stack)

Anita Bower
01-18-2015, 07:06 AM
REally beautiful. Love the black bg that makes the flower stand out beautifully. Outstanding detail. BEautiful curves and structure.