PDA

View Full Version : Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

Robert Kimbrell
12-18-2014, 07:55 PM
I went out on Sunday hoping to get a flight shot of this Flycatcher, The field they hunt in is on private property, but many of us stand on the fence line and shoot into the field, The problem is the sun directly in your face. So accepting a back lit shot, I was able to lock on to this guy with my new 7d mk 2. and run the buffer on more that one occasion. Needless to say I am impressed with the auto focus. Also a large crop in this sot.
600 f4 and 7dmk2
Is 1600 F7.1 1/2500

arash_hazeghi
12-19-2014, 01:26 AM
it's a tough bird to get in flight, I like the wing position and the BG, but the backlight was tough to deal with there, as a result the image is soft and noisy, with the highlights blown...

TFS

Raybel Robles
12-19-2014, 11:14 AM
I agree with Arash, the bird and around the bird is very noisy due to the backlight, the rest of the BG is noise free. Everything else looks ok, just wish the light was on the bird.

Jim Neiger
12-19-2014, 05:56 PM
The techs may not be perfect, but I think its awesome.

Doug Brown
12-20-2014, 09:45 AM
You handled the challenging light conditions very well, and came away with a nice image! Have you thought about setting up a perch on the other side of the road to give you a better light angle?

Robert Kimbrell
12-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I agree the shot is soft and has too much noise, I post here to try and become better, the feedback helps.
Good Idea on setting up a perch Doug. I will put some thought into that, They seem to like to perch on barb wire,