PDA

View Full Version : The Rann of Kutch

subramanya_ck
12-17-2014, 12:05 AM
This is an image from achieve that I reprocessed sing Luminosity masks. This image was taken at the Greater Rann of Kutch (GRK), India during a winter evening..

C&C are most welcome

andresleon
12-17-2014, 02:37 PM
The foreground sky colors are brilliant and very nicely captured. I think, overall, the image is a little soft due to focus. Neither the foreground rocks nor the mountain in the background appear very sharp. I also feel it is a little underexposed and therefore too dark. I like the mountain reflection on the water and wish you could have been just a little higher up to not make it clip with the river rock formation. Perhaps composing the image from a different angle may have helped with that.

Lastly, the background mountain reminds me of the Little Prince's elephant snake hat :)
https://www.google.com/search?q=little+prince+elephant+hat+snake&espv=2&biw=1697&bih=937&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=69qRVMCHB4HdgwTVsYLoDw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Lyle Gruby
12-17-2014, 06:11 PM
The colors are beautiful and I like the frame within a frame concept. The comp feels top heavy. I'd crop in a good ways on the top but it does appear the shot is soft. Be sure to post your technical info so we can give a more substantive critique.

Andrew McLachlan
12-17-2014, 08:57 PM
I like what you were aiming for with this comp...Lyle summed up my initial thoughts with the top heaviness. I too would crop from the top. And do agree on the softness. If there was an interesting foreground here I would compose the scene with less on top and more foreground to draw us up into the scene.

Don Railton
12-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Hi Subbu.

I agree with all the comments above.. beautiful colours & light but top heavy composition and soft. Would like to see a lot more of India however..

Don

subramanya_ck
12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Thank you all. It's great to see so many suggestions.. Will try to work on the feedback...

Morkel Erasmus
12-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi Subramanya - can't add much more to what's already been said.
I like what you tried to do with the composition though. Keep posting your efforts and we will try and nudge you towards improving your fieldcraft and processing :cheers: