PDA

View Full Version : King Vulture in Costa Rica

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Continuing with my King Vulture series.
This is a healthy KV, I made the image last month and we all had a blast as this bird never dissapoints and we shot it from a blind!

For this one

Mark IV
600f/4
ISO500
Tripod
1/250
f/8
0EV

Thanks for looking.

Karl Egressy
12-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Cool looking bird in nice environment. Great capture, Juan.

Daniel Cadieux
12-14-2014, 07:13 PM
The habitat is fantastic, and I like the composition. The head's reds compliment the overall greens quite nicely. Personally I'd remove or tone down the pale OOF spot directly in front of the bill, but all else is A-1!

Raybel Robles
12-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Beauty of an image. Not much to suggest as everything seems to be spot on. I would be curious to see another crop version with less from the right and more canvas to the left, a bit more room to where the bird is looking at.

Dvir Barkay
12-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Really nice Juan, no complaints, maybe a tad more feather detail in the whites.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Really nice Juan, no complaints, maybe a tad more feather detail in the whites.
I totally agree with more detail on whites for this one Dvir but it seems to me that their feathers are so thin that they donīt create a lot of texture, hence they tend to look soft. Many thanks for commenting :)

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Beauty of an image. Not much to suggest as everything seems to be spot on. I would be curious to see another crop version with less from the right and more canvas to the left, a bit more room to where the bird is looking at.
Thatīs a great suggestion Reybel, I will look and see if I have another image with more room on left. Thanks a lot for your time and input.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-15-2014, 09:51 AM
The habitat is fantastic, and I like the composition. The head's reds compliment the overall greens quite nicely. Personally I'd remove or tone down the pale OOF spot directly in front of the bill, but all else is A-1!
As you say Daniel, thatīs and easy fix! I will try to post another image with the suggested input. :)