PDA

View Full Version : Purple Opera

Frank Schauf
12-13-2014, 05:15 AM
Cologne Opera with Cathedral and Hohenzollern bridge.

HDR composed of 10 images with HDR Efex Pro 2.
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF24/1.4L II USM, f/10, ISO 200

Don Railton
12-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Hi Frank. I find this an impressive image although it might be bordering on an OOTB forum sample... Does not bother me that its here to be clear. Never seen an HDR converted to B&W and its interesting to see that the 'HDR look' still presents in B&W. Beautiful composition, the shadow of the bridge in the river is the only think my eyes struggle with a little, not sure why, and there is a starburst over the RH boat opposite side of the river that does not have the 'star'... I would take it all or leave it all if you are going to crop it out assuming that's what happened.

best regards

DON

Luis Patacao
12-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Night HDR... lovely! I just don`t like the purple standing out on this one as i feel the perfect end for the viewer eyes would be the cathedral. The detail is very, very good but it seems a little too much on the water as it becomes a bit "crispy".

Morkel Erasmus
12-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Hi Frank - I love the composition, exposure, use of lines and the mood.
I personally don't like the single-colour-in-a-monochrome-image look, as it's been done to death and done in a cheesy way most of the time. Not that I'm saying what you did here is cheesy!
I just would like to see this as a colour image, or alternatively, as a monochrome and using dodge to lighten the lights on the opera some more to draw the eye of the viewer that way?
:e3

Andrew McLachlan
12-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Very nice work here Frank and ditto on either going all color or all B&W...love the star bursts on the lights!!!