PDA

View Full Version : Bag for 600mm f4 ii and 7d mkii

Simon Wantling
12-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

I've been an extremely lucky boy this week and upgraded my 500mm to a new 600 f4 ii and a 7d mk ii with a new 1.4 x mkiii extender. I'm now looking to buy a carry bag which I can use to protect and transport them around assembled. Can anyone recommend a good buy at all as I really need to get something in the uk.

i also brought a lenscoat for it only to discover that the canon lens cap won't fit plus it won't fit in the flight case. A real pain hence the need to buy a decent bag.

thanks

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I use a ThinkTank Accelerator and a Lowepro Runner 450AW but non of them are large enough to carry the lens with a camera attached. I know there is one or two other back packs made by Lowepro that could help you but they are probably too larger.
In my case, I also had problems when I put first put the lenscoat on the lens hood so I had to reverse/fold it back and then I can use the lens cap, (my lens is the old version.)

Simon Wantling
12-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Thanks. I'd be very interested to know how you guys store your lens when not in use. With the lenscoat on it doesn't seem to fit in the hard case supplied so I'd be interested to know what you all do. My mate just chucks his in the back of his van.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks. I'd be very interested to know how you guys store your lens when not in use. With the lenscoat on it doesn't seem to fit in the hard case supplied so I'd be interested to know what you all do. My mate just chucks his in the back of his van.
I believe the lens can not go inside the original box wearing the lenscoat, or at least mine canīt.

arash_hazeghi
12-13-2014, 12:39 PM
My gear remains in my think thank roller bag when not in use. The canon soft cap doesn't fit with lens coat, you need to get a lens coat cap

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/523736-REG/LensCoat_LCH4XLM4_XXXX_Large_Hoodie_Lens_Hood.html

Diane Miller
12-13-2014, 09:23 PM
I got the Lens Coat cap and didn't like it. Haven't used it in so long I don't even remember why. I fold it back as Juan Carlos suggested -- it's only the piece on the hood that is the problem. Easy to fold back and forth, and not that hard to peel off if you need to use the hard case. But mine lives in a LowePro long lens bag -- the newer longer one. It holds the 600 + body + 2X, with the hood reversed.

Nancy Bell
12-14-2014, 12:32 PM
4Xpandable Long Lens Bag

Check this out on Artie's Birds as Art on-line store. Maybe this is what you want.

I just put my camera + lens on an empty seat in the car and generally wrap it with a sweatshirt or something to keep it from rolling around. I want to be able to quickly get to it if I want.

William Dickson
12-16-2014, 12:20 PM
4Xpandable Long Lens Bag

Check this out on Artie's Birds as Art on-line store. Maybe this is what you want.

I just put my camera + lens on an empty seat in the car and generally wrap it with a sweatshirt or something to keep it from rolling around. I want to be able to quickly get to it if I want.

Same here Nancy, but remember and cover it completely if you leave it unattended in your locked vehicle :S3:

Simon Wantling
12-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, bought the Lowepro Lens Trekker AW iii in the end.