PDA

View Full Version : Greater Yellowlegs in Costa Rica

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-12-2014, 10:31 AM
I will be the first to admit that light was very boring that day, but I donīt get to see this species very often. I had my BB on but I did not wanted to use flash as I was affraid I could spook the bird.
I was trying my new 7DII. I saw a lot of reviews before commiting in buying this camera, most of the reviews took place under very bright conditions but I knew
that I could make some good files of I would expose properly.

This image was shot as follows

ISO1250
f/8
600f/4+1.4TC
1/400
Tripod
Natural light
FF
7DII

I hope you like this one. Thanks for looking.

Bill Dix
12-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Nice one, Juan Carlos. I like him standing on the rock, but what I particularly like is the transparency of the water. These guys are pretty common around here. It's probably one of ours that headed down there to get warm.

Grace Scalzo
12-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Fascinating environment, love the clear water and rocks as much as the bird. Good luck with your new camera.

gail bisson
12-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Love the clear rocks and the great head turn.
IQ looks good.
Enjoy the new camera!
gail

WillieHall
12-13-2014, 01:23 AM
I appreciate many elements you have here, the nice pattern of feathers, position of bird on the rock and beautiful clear water. thanks and take care of "our" bird down there, we see them often here in California.

Stu Bowie
12-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Hi JC, super pose 'perched' on the jutting rock, and you have brought out the feather detail nicely.

Daniel Cadieux
12-13-2014, 08:39 PM
I love shorebirds so I gotta say that this subject "rocks":c3:. Good IQ, great perch, but the best part for me is the underwater rocks showing so nicely. Congrats on the uncommon sighting for your parts.